Tower Defense mod

coworotel

15 hours ago, borg- said:

From wave 100, it is impossible to play, in wave 118 the game crashing.

I think I could have gone up to wave 200. The units died easily at this stage, and I still had 35 towers to up.

My suggestion for this would be to increase the units' status and decrease the quantity. This should help in balancing and lag.

Your mod is very fun, congratulations!!!

Thanks! :D

Yes I thought about this, would be great if I changed the unit stats. I wanted also to change the loot for the units, but I thought having the original units could be interesting to see how much fire they can handle.

I really wish there was a scale option in the template of actors to resize the models. In Warcraft III editor you had this option, usually these op units used graphics of standard units but scaled up like 1.5x.

Edited by coworotel

On 6/10/2019 at 10:59 PM, Lopess said:

Hi, congratulations for the initiative. One idea that passed me would be a "survival" type mode in which a growing sequence of enemy hordes would besiege your city in the center. Your city with a good food and wood reserve but more valuable resources were found in areas of difficult defense.

Nice, I will make a map on this style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coworotel said:

Yes, slowing towers would be really great, but I'm not sure how to implement that (if it is possible).

I suppose you can create an aura and assign it to a special tower. The effect looks like:

{ "value": "UnitMotion/WalkSpeed", "multiply": 0.5 }

I don't remember, did we add an effect after death or not. The mine could destroy itself and give damage for all near enemies.

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:03 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

can be uploaded to mod.io?

Done! :D

For the next version: Slow Tower, maybe Mines if I manage to implement.

I made it a separate mod, so now I will have the freedom to mess up with all units, etc. That will help to try to fix the lag with the big waves (+100 as borg said is lagging and crashing the game).

Edited by coworotel
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 8:35 PM, coworotel said:

Yes, slowing towers would be really great, but I'm not sure how to implement that (if it is possible). The same for the mines

With rP23448 committed today, you can create proper slowing towers :) (And poison, for that matter.)

(Status effects being able to apply modifiers.)

Edited by Freagarach
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Great, but how to use the feature? I suspect the engine code has a lot of features no one knows how to use.

I'll be lazy this time: this is the template change that I used for testing stuff.

If someone needs more information I'll be glad to answer more elaborately when I get home :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Stan` said:

@andy5995 was this ever added in community maps?

On 13/06/2019 at 10:52 AM, coworotel said:

I made it a separate mod, so now I will have the freedom to mess up with all units, etc. That will help to try to fix the lag with the big waves (+100 as borg said is lagging and crashing the game).

@Stan`Looks like it hasn't. If it's abandoned and someone wants to update it and submit a PR to community maps 2, I'll test it out.

Edited by andy5995
  • Thanks 1