Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition

The minimal gpu puts an intel hd 3000 (older than Hd 4000, minimum for AOE1DE), and some people is complaining about issues, if the game is very demanding with juts put wrong minimal specs that gives fake hopes to someone, is a bunch of nosense, you said that someone who meets the minimum could get to Beta but no.
I mean is a 2D game that consume a lot of RAM and you put that 4GB is ok… well I will expect a lot of refunds. but I will expect a response.

Some people start to refunding.

image.thumb.png.dcfaa0c82607e17dd291e45ab5be3a34.png

You need check those forums is full of aoe topics about the bugs, i tell them when i said this about AoE De 1 (isn't windows store fault) or steam it was better...

The same history of AoE DE.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/im-having-deja-vu-from-aoe-definitive-edition/60913/2

Hopefully this shameful release disaster will leed them to implement the possibility of good old LAN hosting…

Wrong. The only thing prebuilt is the computer case, you completely choose your own components. What is in my PC isnt the issue, the fact that you would even need a high-end graphics card to play a remasterd 90’s game is. You can’t sit there and tell me this game is well optimized for performance.

The point im trying to make is the game is not well optimized, and they knew that prior to launch. There was an entire forum post discussing this very issue.

So I played a lot of aoe2 hd on steam, and had difficulty against moderate and couldn’t beat hard. I got aoe2 definitive edition and tried moderate first and annihilated them. So I did a match against hard and I annihilated them as well. What is going on? I thought this new AI was supposed to be more challenging. I haven’t tried hardest yet, but will give it a shot tomorrow.

I start a Standard game against the AI. I selected reasonable defaults: Game Mode=Deathmatch, Population=300, and Victory=Last Man Standing.

I am not even past the Feudal Age when the AI declares its defeat.

What am I missing?

But 1 core… is impossible carry one gtx 1070ti with 1 $%#^@& Core! =(

It is assumed that AoE 2 DE uses the same graphic engine as AoE DE? however the AoE DE moves smoothly, while the AoE 2 DE goes with lag

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

15%20-%20PHOENIX_Game_Update%20(32911)

FIXES ◆

• The matchmaking lobby should now display your connection quality and available game lobbies more quickly and consistently as of build 32911. When you first reach the Multiplayer Lobby Browser, you may notice the Connection Quality tool searching for servers where you can find matches. Please allow up to 40 seconds for this search to complete.
  • Fixed an issue where the Enhanced Graphics (UHD) option would appear grayed out despite having installed and enabled the DLC.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking the Spectate Games tab would result in de-syncing or locking up the game client.

◆ IN PROGRESS ◆

• Fixed an issue where certain file paths could result in a File Error 12 crash that would prevent the game from launching. Ongoing discussion about this issue can be found here.
  • Fixed a rare issue where completing a ranked match could erroneously display a negative ELO. Note that actual ELO score should not have been impacted.
  • We are continuing our work to update and stabilize the multiplayer servers. Several servers have been spun up to support the population, and we are continuing to investigate issues where servers are not appearing (or appearing incorrectly) in the Lobby Browser.

◆ KNOWN ISSUES ◆

Again you’re wasting your time. The problem isnt with my personal performance, game runs at 60 fps, I’m quite fine with that. Over 2.1k people have read this post which shows majority of people are having issues with an unfinished game thats poorly optimized. It’s really that simple. We warned the devs in beta, but they chose not to listen so here we are with dead lobby’s and a lackluster launch. Single player & campaign work just fine, but for multiplayer people, this game is a joke at the moment.

Not sure as to what you don’t comprehend about that simple statement.

There was actually a "Mesoamerican"/Indian tribe during the Age of Empires 2 time period that utilize cavalry against the Spanish. The Mapuche is one of the first documented Indian tribes to have utilize cavalry (alongside with gunpowder) against the Spanish and even managed to drive the Spanish off of their homelands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arauco_War

One noticeable Mapuche leader was Lautaro, who led his tribe in an uprising against the Spanish and drove the Spanish off of their lands around the early 16th century, which is around the AoE2 timeframe

Mapuche were in Chile -Argentina thousands of miles away... Between 17th-18th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arauco_War

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Spanish know their weakness , they bring few horses with then to conquer Mesomerica and Castilla de Oro.

p7D52dQ.png

The conquest of Mexico and Mayan States they employed few as few Spanish mixed with a great army of Auxiliars Nahuals.

The animal more close to Natives was the deer.  

The second war animal of the Spanish, even more devastating than the dogs, was the horse. Horses, all of course imported from Europe, were scarce in the islands of Hispaniola and Cuba in 1519 and were very expensive. Cortes (himself an expert horseman) was thus only able to acquire sixteen of them for the conquest. This small cavalry corps, however, was to prove decisive, again and again saving the day when the tiny Spanish army was surrounded and faced imminent destruction at the hands of overwhelming numbers of foes.

The last horses of the Americas had been extinct for more than twelve thousand years in 1519, so the horse was a completely unknown animal to the Aztecs. The closest creature they could compare it to was the deer but there were no deer in Mexico anywhere near the size of the massive destriers the Spanish rode into battle. Moreover the very idea of men transported on the backs of animals was new and outlandish to the Aztecs – so outlandish, in fact, that when the cavalry were first sighted they were taken to be supernatural creatures, part beast, part man, and not of this earth. And again, as with the war dogs, this impression was enhanced by the gleaming metal armor – barding – that the horses wore and that made them, seemingly, impossible to kill.

More important, however, was the fact that European armies had spent thousands of years learning to withstand charges of heavy horse and developing effective counter-tactics. The Aztecs had no such experience and were utterly dismayed and confounded as the Spanish cavalry bore down upon them at close to thirty miles an hour, lances aimed at their faces, the ground thundering and shaking. Then came the hideous shock and clamor of the impact, the huge war animals snorting and neighing and trampling men under their iron-shod hooves, and the Aztec ranks reeled, parted and broke in terrorized confusion running in all directions only to be cut down by the lances and flashing cavalry sabers of the riders.

The effect of these cavalry charges cannot be overstated. Combined with the horror of the packs of savage dogs scything through the Aztec formations, they gave the Spaniards crucial and unique advantages in battle. A new form of warfare had come to the Americas. Things would never be the same again.

For me as a writer, imaginatively inhabiting these scenes, putting myself in the place of the Aztec and Spanish combatants, trying to feel what they felt and to see what they saw, represented an exciting and complex challenge. But it underlined why I have started to write novels and what I hope I have achieved in War God . The fictional approach allows me to explore history in an entirely new way, not simply with the array of facts that are fundamental to non-fiction (though there are plenty of facts in my novel) but with due space given to emotions, to feelings, to sensations, to the smell and taste and touch of the moment, and to the crucial aspect of character. Had I approached historical figures like Cortes, or his extraordinary and courageous native American lover Malinal, or the Aztec emperor Moctezuma, from the perspective of non-fiction I would have never been able to get “inside their heads” in the way this novel has allowed me to do or to work towards such an in-depth understanding of their motives, their behavior and their reactions to one another as fellow humans caught up in utterly remarkable events.

According to Robert S. Chamberlain,[5] Francisco de Montejo discovered that Guerrero was the military captain of Chectumal. He tried to win him over by sending him a longish letter reminding him of his Christian faith, offering him his friendship and a complete pardon, and asking him to come to the caravel. Guerrero replied by writing on the back of the letter that he could not leave his Lord because he was a slave, "even though I am married and have a wife and children. I remember God, and you, Sir, and the Spaniards have a good friend in me."

Guerrero appears to have told his Maya friends and family that the Spaniards would suffer death like other men. He led the Maya in campaigns against Cortés and his lieutenants like Pedro de Alvarado and the Panamanian governor Pedrarias. Alvarado's instructions in his Honduras campaign included an order to capture Guerrero.

Oviedo reports Guerrero as dead by 1532, when Montejo's lieutenants Avila and Lujón arrived again in Chectumal. Andrés de Cereceda, in a letter to the Spanish King dated August 14, 1536, writes of a battle that occurred in late June 1536 between Pedro de Alvarado and a local Honduran cacique named Çiçumba. The naked and tattooed body of a Spaniard was found dead within Çiçumba's town of Ticamaya after the battle. According to Cereceda, this Spaniard had come over with 50 war-canoes from Chetumal early in 1536, to help Çiçumba fight the Spanish who were attempting to colonize his lands. The Spaniard was killed in the battle by an arquebus shot. Although Cereceda says the Spaniard was named Gonzalo Aroca, R. Chamberlain and other historians writing about the event identify the man as Gonzalo Guerrero. Guerrero was 50 years old when he died.

About Guerrero. Is almost a legend, but is in Spanish records.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

New Update is released.

22%20-%20PHOENIX_Game_Update%20(33164)

Spoiler

◆ HIGHLIGHTS ◆

Here are the changes included in today’s update:

• Fixed a crash when attempting to open the Profile screen when offline.
  • Fixed an issue where selection boxes could cause a framerate hitch while playing in a campaign or multiplayer match.
  • Implemented a variety of minor performance improvements to multiplayer and campaign play.
  • Updated the terrain grid to be semi-transparent and to more accurately align to a variety of terrains.

◆ IN PROGRESS ◆

Here are some of the areas where we are continuing to collect information, escalate reports, and working to identify solutions:

• Game stability and performance. We are tracking several different crashes being reported by individuals within the community. Here are some troubleshooting steps that have helped users reporting issues:

◆ KNOWN ISSUES ◆

For the latest issues and solutions currently tracked by the development team:

Game Performance Performance Issues with Low FPS We are currently aware that there are some performance issues which cause the game’s FPS to drop when played on higher-end monitors or machines. We are continuing to research this issue.

• Please try disabling Vsync and running the game.
  • Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this article: Game Optimization Tips
  • If you are unable to find a solution, please consolidate reports in this thread.
In Progress Nov. 15, 2019
Gameplay Translation/Localization Issues We are aware that there are some localization issues in the game. Please consolidate all translation bugs and suggestions into a singular thread for that language. Thank you!

NOTE: Language names listed here are translated using an app to increase accessibility. Please comment in the respective language’s thread if there is a translation issue with the name. Thank you!

Tracking Nov. 11, 2019
 Multiplayer Trouble Signing In or staying connected to Multiplayer Servers We are aware of issues that may prevent you from signing in to the multiplayer servers.

• If you encounter this issue, please include as much information as possible as a response to this thread.
Tracking Nov. 08, 2019
 Settings & UI Font Style Legibility We are aware that certain text in the game can be difficult to read. Please report any issues you notice with as much detail as possible in this thread. Tracking Nov. 11, 2019
Spectator Mode Spectating can cause sync issues or crashes. We’ve received numerous reports about multiplayer match spectating causing problems. One fix was implemented with the Nov. 14 builds. The team is working on a second fix to be implemented in an upcoming build. In Progress Nov.15, 2019
ELO Players sometimes lose ELO after playing a ranked game. We have reproduced this bug internally. A fix will be implemented in an upcoming build.  In Progress Nov.15, 2019
Multiplayer Cannot see all available lobbies. There is a known issue where multiplayer lobbies are not being displayed properly. The team is working on a fix for this issue, which will be implemented in an upcoming build.  In Progress Nov.16, 2019
Campaign Crash during William Wallace Campaign (Mission 6) This is a known issue in the William Wallace campaign. While we work on a permanent fix, users have reported a workaround for the issue:

Tracking Nov.19, 2019
Game Performance Game Crashes Though sporadic, we have received reports of game crashes occurring at different times, based on different factors, or with different symptoms. As they can be caused by any number of factors, we recommend working through the troubleshooting and game optimization steps in the following guides:

If you continue to experience issues, please visit the forum to find others who may be experiencing a similar issue.

Tracking Nov.22, 2019
Mods Mods disappear from in-game subscription list. Some players have noted that content mods seem to disappear from their in-game mods list. While some have solved the problem by logging into the Xbox Companion App, others have not been able to identify the root of the issue. Tracking Nov.22, 2019
Multiplayer AI exhibit strange behaviors. Several players have noted issues with the computer (AI) team in multiplayer matches. These issues seem to manifest themselves in several ways, all of which undermine the difficulty of the computer-controlled players.

Tracking Nov.22, 2019
Scenarios Editor The 3D water effect does not display properly in the editor. This only affects the editor; in-game 3D water effects always work properly. This issue is being tracked. Tracking Nov.22, 2019
Map Buildings may be replaced with random art assets. Particularly for Enhanced Graphics Pack users, buildings may look stretched or utilize the wrong texture.

• For now, players have found that verifying the integrity of the game files (Steam) or re-downloading the DLC (Microsoft Store) fixes the issue.