Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition

they even remaster the icons this time. the icons looks very nice with renders.

Recently, we announced three of our Definitive Editions will be coming to Steam, giving our community the choice of where they want to play. With E3 fast approaching, kicking off with Microsoft’s Keynote on Sunday, June 9, we are excited to announce that we will be on the floor with Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition!

Attendees will be able to experience stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics, a new, fully remastered soundtrack, and more during an on-hands demo of the game. More info, including new civilizations, will be revealed in the briefing.

Not attending E3? Not a problem. Click here to sign up as an Age of Empires Insider and stay up to date on all things Age announced during the conference as well as get access to perks such as:

• Updates about the latest developments to the Age of Empires franchise
  • Opportunities to provide input to the development teams via Insider surveys
  • The chance to be selected as a participant in special playtesting events for unreleased Age titles and features

Continue the conversation on the official Age of Empires forums and stay connected with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @AgeOfEmpires.

#E3Empires

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Age of Empires HD edition added new stuff. Unlike AOM's DE which just added fancier graphics. I guess AoE2 deserves a graphics update. Still the most popular rts and growing fast.

v4

the puzzle is done.

images%20(4)

the official streaming.

Where to watch Xbox E3 2019 briefing

Microsoft is expected to host its E3 2019 press conference across all major live streaming platforms. The growing in-house Mixer live platform remains the premier locale to watch live, home to a snappy 4K video feed, alongside exclusive "MixPot" rewards for Xbox owners. The E3 briefing will reach rivals staples of streaming too, including Twitch and YouTube.

https://mixer.com/Xbox

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The trailer showed a lot of different time frames. I am sure I saw some British Redcoats in that video.

(If it is purely ancient history, meh. I like rts games with at least the ability to advance past the Napoleonic era)

6 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

The trailer showed a lot of different time frames. I am sure I saw some British Redcoats in that video.

(If it is purely ancient history, meh. I like rts games with at least the ability to advance past the Napoleonic era)

I'm sure that was a teaser... but nobody is sure.

here is official Xbox (Ms)  site with the hour. https://www.xbox.com/en-us/e3

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

Screenshots that sum up the trailer:

Spoiler

Seems that there's not that much difference between AoE2 to DE2 in comparison to AoE1 and DE, specially on buildings.

Announced features: 4K resolution, audio remastered, new campagin "The last khans".

Some things that I noticed: the Indian architecture set it's used, probably for a new civ that uses a chataprhact lancer style. I guess that India officially won't use anymore the eastern set. Eastern European set have been improved.

Seems that there's a new architecture set. And a civ with a chariot.

• Like 2