Civ: Germans (Cimbri, Suebians, Goths)

5 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Can any of these be used for Cimbri?

I think yes. The only thing bothering is the circular iron shield boss. This is something that appeared among the Przeworsk culture in modern day Poland, not in Denmark... At least until the Roman era. 

I don't know if we should restrict the evidences to material found in Jutland or not.

• Thanks 1

On 24/02/2023 at 6:06 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

For me, it's probably the roof texture that looks too similar to the Gauls and Britons. I think the texture I posted above is an improvement of making them look more distinct. For the Stables, I think I'm too used to the "Horse Corral" from DE and which maybe something more like that would be done. I'm also not sure if the early Germans (whether Cimbri or Suebians) would have a big Siege Arsenal structure, but we might have to make it necessary since all of the other civs have one. That is a civ design issue though, not art. 

Buenos días o tardes; 

-Mis referencias para los tejados los saqué de un documental alemán del canal Historia sobre el pueblo suevo durante el siglo 1 antes de cristo ... por eso los tejados un poco anaranjados ...

767508849_referenciaedificiossuevosmurosnoblaqncosytechosmaisoscuros.thumb.png.efe2d4a97b0c60fc807f609ca6399ea8.png

Disculpen las molestias*

2 hours ago, Duileoga said:

-Han mezclado los edificios con los de los nórdicos/vikingos de delenda est?:huh:

They are only mixed together for now, until I can complete each one's UV mapping to my new texture. Although, I think I will keep the Norse Storehouse and Farmstead models, which are really nice. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

@Obskiuras @Duileoga

I think the Siege Arsenal and the Market look too close. 

image.thumb.png.3d61d6658d897718f015fd7967190b3b.png

Willing to design something new for the Market?

Here's what the other markets look like, for inspiration:

image.thumb.png.22823560b21a0cb7fb4fb6cd742c5607.png

The market is the one that has to change the style of the siege arsenal structure, it must be that of a garage or a hangar (sometimes open).

The market is that of small shelves around a central structure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The market is the one that has to change the style of the siege arsenal structure, it must be that of a garage or a hangar (sometimes open).

The market is that of small shelves around a central structure.

Stupid question, but how can i get started on making models?