Is alpha 24 coming soon?

Adeimantos

4 hours ago, (-_-) said:

> "actively help tear down"

How? An independent group developing  a fork is doing that?

I don't speak for others, but I needed map generation to not take an eternity. (which involves more research than anything else, and I am not willing to undertake such a large task for that to be stuck in the queue nobody gives a sh*t about.)

Also, to avoid generalizing that earlier quote to all members who may or may not feel that way,

> "<smiley`>    screw wfg"

Given those sorts of performances, I'm not sure that we miss much. Maybe some technical skill, but technical skill isn't everything.  I don't see WFG members constantly trolling other projects. Am I wrong?

Technical skill is pretty much nothing. Anyone can do the research and optimize things. All it takes is time and effort. And when you encounter something new, you are back to square one.

Also, how am I trolling this project? I never post anything factually incorrect.

Oh and I guess telling a contributor "we are not your patch slave" is professional.

(take what I say as things from myself as an individual.)

gg, one less troll on this forum. hf

(what am I supposed to do to get this account deleted?)

Edited by Guest

The members of the Fork AD team have to prove to the community that they do things better compared to the WFG team. However, keep in mind this discussion is about the Alpha 24 release of 0 A.D. As far as I know this is a milestone in the WFG teams release cycle. Can we please focus 24 Alpha release again.

I invite the Fork AD team to open up their own topic for their own release announcement. However, I do not like negative comments and other personal attacks. Personal attacks are simply unprofessional. I might have to remember the Fork AD team that they forked 0 A.D. and based their project on the work of hundreds of volunteers, putting thousands of hours of work an 0 A.D to bring the project where it is today. The Fork AD team have probably good reasons to leave the WFG team, but I hope they will engage in friendly competition helping and advancing the work of the many volunteers who put their effort in this project in the first place. In short, a hostile fork will help nobody.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, balduin said:

The members of the Fork AD team have to prove to the community that they do things better compared to the WFG team. However, keep in mind this discussion is about the Alpha 24 release of 0 A.D. As far as I know this is a milestone in the WFG teams release cycle. Can we please focus 24 Alpha release again. 

I invite the Fork AD team to open up their own topic for their own release announcement. However, I do not like negative comments and other personal attacks. Personal attacks are simply unprofessional. I might have to remember the Fork AD team that they forked 0 A.D. and based their project on the work of hundreds of volunteers, putting thousands of hours of work an 0 A.D to bring the project where it is today. The Fork AD team have probably good reasons to leave the WFG team, but I hope they will engage in friendly competition helping and advancing the work of the many volunteers who put their effort in this project in the first place. In short, a hostile fork will help nobody.

Thanks for the lesson.

• Haha 1