===[TASK]=== Republic Roman Civic Center

Stan`

16 minutes ago, Nescio said:

rome civic centre

What's up with that ? What would you see instead ?

18 minutes ago, Nescio said:

mace dock (with something similar to rome, sele, spart docks)

What's the issue with it ? Is it because it's a duplicate of the athen dock ?

6 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Rome only started to build in that high imperial style during the principate, i.e. after our timeframe. Moreover, the current civic centre is larger and much higher than the other centres. I'd like to have something more similar in shape to the centres of e.g. athen, cart, spart:

Do you have any references we could use to update it ? I agree it's a bit too big though.

7 minutes ago, Nescio said:

also, there are two wargalleys visible inside, which is wrong. S

Why is it wrong ?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, wackyserious said:

[ Adding civilians, Adding Kids]

I can't remember why but I think assassin's creed originally had kids but they were removed. I think we didn't add units in buildings as to not confuse players.

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yeah, the current one is great for the Imperial Romans. Something a little earlier or more provincial looking would work better for the Republican Romans.

Can you define provincial ? 

Re: Greek Dock

I use the current one with the Zea ship sheds as a Shipyard for military ships, and use the Seleucid dock as the economic dock. So, something like the Seleucid dock would work well for the Greek dock (please keep the assets for the current one).

Okay I'll have a look at that.

8 hours ago, Stan` said:

Can you define provincial ? 

11 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Perhaps not "provincial", but this is the Republic-era Basilica Sempronia, which was later demolished by Caesar to build his Basilica Julia (which is what the current, more "Imperial" looking Civic Center is based on). 

A-3-0304_HI_Basilica-Fulvia_Kontext1-601B-1-0304_HI_Basilica-Fulvia_Kontext-601x

14 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:
  Hide contents

Danaerys cheat unit confirmed!

Game of Thrones spoiler^

no no no nooo" , lol.

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para daenerys madness meme

See the source image

On 5/18/2019 at 7:06 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yeah, the current one is great for the Imperial Romans. Something a little earlier or more provincial looking would work better for the Republican Romans.

• Haha 1

Perhaps not "provincial", but this is the Republic-era Basilica Sempronia, which was later demolished by Caesar to build his Basilica Julia (which is what the current, more "Imperial" looking Civic Center is based on). 

A-3-0304_HI_Basilica-Fulvia_Kontext1-601B-1-0304_HI_Basilica-Fulvia_Kontext-601x

I see, with a little fountain and some trees upfront that could work. Not sure about the ground tho.

11 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Any texture currently into the game, or do I have to come up with a new one ?

No idea, I'm not familiar with the art/ files.

For recognizability, if would be good if the new Roman centre were similar in shape to those of cart, mace, etc. and in colour similar to the Roman houses.

• Like 1

guy...

Basilica Aemilia have good idea of Michael's proposal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_Aemilia

Basilica Aemilia 3D.jpg

24 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Well the goal is also to reduce the size of it a bit :) So if I start adding massive parts it's not gonna help ^^

size... in what matter..? this basilicas building are very large.

-----------------------

Aemilia

The new basilica was built on a site of the 5th-century BC tabernae lanienae ("butcher shops") and later (4th century BC) the tabernae argentariae. The latter housed the city's bankers, and after a fire was renamed tabernae novae ("new shops"). The square had two facing rows of shops. A first basilica had been built behind the tabernae argentariae between 210 BC and 195-191 BC, the date in which it is mentioned by Plautus. Archaeological studies have shown that this building comprised three naves paved with tuff from Monteverde, the back façade having a portico which opened to the Forum Piscatorium and the Macellum (the area later occupied by the Forum of Nerva).

image.thumb.png.2050a0627d6e83afa3090196165fda58.png

is not that older... 169... is not late but is better than Iulia or Julia. basically is stoa a Roman big version of that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Basilica Aemilia have good idea of Michael's proposal.

This building looks a lot like the current building in the game.

23 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

size... in what matter..? this basilicas building are very large.

They have to stay in the typical 'civic center' footprint. That should be contained in a 8x8 foundation.

36 minutes ago, Stan` said:

They have to stay in the typical 'civic center' footprint. That should be contained in a 8x8 foundation.

look the paved... paved.... paved.... and justus.... paved ;)

36 minutes ago, Stan` said:

the current is bigger I remember in some maps, but how much more?

Justus show Cine Cittá "paved" road.

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para cine citta rome paved

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Updated my list.

The Latin word basilica (derived from Greek: βασιλική στοά, Royal Stoa, the tribunal chamber of a king) has three distinct applications in modern English. Originally, the word was used to refer to an ancient Roman public building, where courts were held, as well as serving other official and public functions. It usually had the door at one end and a slightly raised platform and an apse at the other, where the magistrate or other officials were seated. The basilica was centrally located in every Roman town, usually adjacent to the main forum. Subsequently, the basilica was not built near a forum but adjacent to a palace and was known as a "palace basilica".

keep in mind that. is the next level of a Stoa (architecture).

and keep this as base. 

image.png.76e99877119e95971e4a90866989644c.png