===[COMMITTED]=== Animations

Alexandermb

Just now, fatherbushido said:

@AlexandermbWhen trying to merge the github repo and parsing it into fork AD tools, I noticed a few errors. Do you want I report them directly on the github repo or something else? I don't know if you planed to merge all, so perhaps they are not relevant.

Directly here, i even't forgot this days i had a github repo. Mostly the infantry, siege, formations and riders. other stuff wouldn't be priority

@Alexandermb: Here it is. If you need something, just ask.

Red files are the missing ones, green files are the ones who reference the missing ones.

art/variants/biped/formations/syntagma_mid.xml <- art/actors/units/macedonians/infantry_pikeman_a.xml art/actors/units/macedonians/infantry_pikeman_b.xml

art/animation/biped/rider/camelry/promotion.dae <- art/variants/biped/rider/camelry/promotion.xml

art/animation/biped/rider/camerly/archer_attack_right.dae <- art/variants/biped/rider/camelry/attack_ranged_archer_right.xml

art/animation/biped/infantry/siege_operators/gastraphetes_attack.dae <- art/variants/biped/attack_ranged_gastraphetes_fire.xml

art/animation/biped/rider/camelry/archer_attack_hip.dae <- art/variants/biped/rider/camelry/attack_ranged_archer_hip.xml

art/animation/biped/infantry/spearman/attack_melee_hop_a.dae <- art/variants/biped/attack_melee_hoplite.xml

art/animation/biped/rider/camelry/attack_slaughter.dae <- art/variants/biped/rider/camelry/attack_slaughter.xml

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, fatherbushido said:

@Alexandermb: Here it is. If you need something, just ask.

Red files are the missing ones, green files are the ones who reference the missing ones.

1. art/variants/biped/formations/syntagma_mid.xml <- art/actors/units/macedonians/infantry_pikeman_a.xml art/actors/units/macedonians/infantry_pikeman_b.xml
  2. art/animation/biped/rider/camelry/promotion.dae <- art/variants/biped/rider/camelry/promotion.xml
  3. art/animation/biped/rider/camerly/archer_attack_right.dae <- art/variants/biped/rider/camelry/attack_ranged_archer_right.xml
  4. art/animation/biped/infantry/siege_operators/gastraphetes_attack.dae <- art/variants/biped/attack_ranged_gastraphetes_fire.xml
  5. art/animation/biped/rider/camelry/archer_attack_hip.dae <- art/variants/biped/rider/camelry/attack_ranged_archer_hip.xml
  6. art/animation/biped/infantry/spearman/attack_melee_hop_a.dae <- art/variants/biped/attack_melee_hoplite.xml
  7. art/animation/biped/rider/camelry/attack_slaughter.dae <- art/variants/biped/rider/camelry/attack_slaughter.xml

Thank you! 

1. Needs to be deleted from every infantry, mid went from 1 animation to 4 types with different angles.
  2. Haven't touched camelry yet.
  3. Neither
  4. Missed this one
  5. Neither
  6. Shouldn't be in spearman since i added a new folder for the hoplites.
  7. Neither

Just now, Nescio said:

Why treat hoplites different from spearmen?

Because i end re-exporting them dozens of times because exporting i missclicked many times from idle_relax_hop to just idle_relax. 

Same like pikeman, Both uses "spear" but keeps the folders cleaning from having prefix or sufix like "hop; pike; halberd" Etc.

PROPOSAL: 

As we already know A LOT of infantry looks pretty much unnatural and weird with their high movement speed while using a "walk" animation, so i changed as test the walk animation from "jog_relax" to "run_relax" in the javelinist variant and pretty much fixed the issue and looks more natural.

Spoiler

image.png

Should this be applied to fix once for all the Inhuman walk speed animation? To be honest this behave just like the bug of the fauna animals walking ultra fast while moving just 2 steps from the run speed change to multiplier.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

We have a lot of animations being unused just because "lets make the actors feels unnatural and use the same animation like others even when the actor walks 3 times faster than the actual animation lenght" 

Skirmishers and Champions feels like having a Cobra Car from AoE2 all the time.

The original idea behind the different walk/jog/run was to having the game decide which animation play based on the current unit speed (also thought that in the future with batallions unit may have the need of acceleration/exhausted mechanic and this would help with the different speeds transitions)

And the purpose of relax/ready animation variants was in the case that the units could became aware of enemies being close and change their animations to the "ready" variants dinamically, so they would behave more realistically

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Enrique said:

The original idea behind the different walk/jog/run was to having the game decide which animation play based on the current unit speed (also thought that in the future with batallions unit may have the need of acceleration/exhausted mechanic and this would help with the different speeds transitions)

And the purpose of relax/ready animation variants was in the case that the units could became aware of enemies being close and change their animations to the "ready" variants dinamically, so they would behave more realistically

Indeed. The animations ready to go for potential future features.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enrique said:

Yeah, i proposed that many times. In fact we can already have that ready/relax state for infantry with just changing a few stuff in UnitAi. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Reason I say this is that I, shocker, fixed the unit speeds in DE so that they don't zoom around the map. :) 

Every unit have human-like movement speed? I mean if we compare a faction with Pikeman and Javelinist, having an army of full Jav will carry resources faster and will return faster to the resource than a Hoplite or Pikeman.

I belive carry_resource state should reduce movement speed like a 0,85 for all infantry but all the same speed.

• Like 1

• Alexandermb changed the title to ===[COMMITTED]=== Animations