Splitting our civs in groups - Fixing the balancing problem

wraitii

2 hours ago, Dakara said:

This is the case with hero bonues and some technology (persian example) 

dont make a clone of AOE please

@DakaraSure I know. But I don't really understand what you exactly mean, or probably you assume something not accurate about what I say ;-) Can you detail please? (Also I never played AOE so don't hesitate to recall me how that works!)

• 5 weeks later...
On 03/10/2020 at 7:20 AM, Dakara said:

Dont make a clone of AOE please

Imo, I think 0AD is already avoiding being an AOE clone.

On 03/10/2020 at 9:24 AM, fatherbushido said:

Can you detail please? (Also I never played AOE so don't hesitate to recall me how that works!)

So, in AOE ( AOE I and AOE II specifically) Each faction is almost IDENTICAL with the exceptions of a single unique unit, 2 or 3 unique techs, and each tech tree is missing some techs here and there.  Besides that, all the factions play the same, and have access to almost all the same unit types.

0AD has faction-specific rosters, which AOE doesn't ( AOE III does a better job of this ) 

I'm still a fan of fixing maps, but formations and cav charges need to be implemented first before all this.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

For me the best is as in RT1 and 2 and also in Aoe 3.
That's why I proposed the external mercenary system.

You will have a camp with Maurya theme, another with Celtic, another with North African, another with Levant and another with Mesopotamia and so on.

I have even thought of trade mechanics with civilizations that are not in the session.

you have a map of the known world, you trade with cities and governments on the map, you trade surplus and perhaps rare resources.

then after you unlock pacts to send mercenaries to your CC like in AoE 3. like in the card deck.

image.jpeg.7396cbb7e33e747772f9cb54dcd67043.jpeg

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ancient.eu%2Fimg%2Fc%2Fp%2F1200x627%2F8327.jpg%3Fv%3D1610370904&sp=1614741563T7cd9bd643456625e263bce2f6f8f20caa71f8bff8429e63672f2a7e99e012a38

image.jpeg.35586f9492e64a6162594d4c80fb29e8.jpeg

then you find yourself in the situation that your civilization can import elephants(mercenaries) from India while you are in Italy or Spain.