How to begin playing on a map when all you have is a ship?

jaytee

How to start to develop from a ship as there are no drop points and no way to build in neutral territory

I just realized  I post to the wrong forum should be the help

Edited by feneur
made the title more informative

9 minutes ago, LordGood said:

Civic centers can be built in neutral territory, and it grants a large rooted territory spread. It should be the first building of any settlement

I don't have an option to build a civic centre I arrived by ship

I am a new at this here is a pic of the third move I made 1 ship to shore 2 un garrison woman 3 move woman.

If I set every one to work they all stop with an arm full as they have no where to drop the stuff. I tried to build a dock but failed miserably the only things I can build are lookouts then run out of resources...Some help will be appreciated.

screenshot0003.png

32 minutes ago, jaytee said:

I tried to build a dock but failed miserably

Why can't you build a dock?

In nomad mode, it's advised to set starting recourses to 500 so that you can build a CC right away. If not, you can build a dock and collect starting resources using the dock as a dropsite. The only other way I could think of is perhaps looking for treasure, or if you play with the Mauryas, you can use the worker elephant as a mobile dropsite. 

2 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Why can't you build a dock?

In nomad mode, it's advised to set starting recourses to 500 so that you can build a CC right away. If not, you can build a dock and collect starting resources using the dock as a dropsite. The only other way I could think of is perhaps looking for treasure, or if you play with the Mauryas, you can use the worker elephant as a mobile dropsite. 

When I try to build the dock work starts but never completes gets to 1of 2000 and stops assembling is it a bug? I do not have any elephants in the game i started.

2 minutes ago, jaytee said:

When I try to build the dock work starts but never completes gets to 1of 2000 and stops assembling is it a bug?

Sounds like a bug... Are you sure there are no units blocking the build site? 

If you can reproduce the error, perhaps attaching a replay could help more tech savvy members of the community to look at it. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so far. I think I understand the problem but not sure of what to do.

I arrive by ship then disembark the workers place a dock site in the only position available (on the waterfront) work commences then stops due, I think to the workers inability to perform in water.

Maybe I need to do some thing to secure a small piece of territory where I can build the dock or find an interim storage facility so that work can continue...  

1 hour ago, jaytee said:

Maybe I need to do some thing to secure a small piece of territory where I can build the dock or find an interim storage facility so that work can continue...  

No. Neither can you secure a bit of territory nor do you need it for a dock; and the only kind of 'interim storage facility' would be a dock...

1 hour ago, jaytee said:

I arrive by ship then disembark the workers place a dock site in the only position available (on the waterfront) work commences

Sounds like it should work. If you attached a replay or at least a screenshot showing the dock, ppl here would probably able to better help you.

25 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

No. Neither can you secure a bit of territory nor do you need it for a dock; and the only kind of 'interim storage facility' would be a dock...

Sounds like it should work. If you attached a replay or at least a screenshot showing the dock, ppl here would probably able to better help you.

For some reason it worked this time. I shifted the site back a couple of mm and it all came together for me

screenshot0005.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jaytee said:

For some reason it worked this time. I shifted the site back a couple of mm and it all came together for me

I believe docks shouldn't be place-able where workers can't reach'em, but that might not always work perfectly...

Anyway, glad it worked for you. :)

I think I am getting in to the game a bit I got a cc a dock a number of soldiers (cheat) a few houses fields all seems OK with resources then my population starts to decline I cannot create more women due to this. Could some one guide me on population increase please??