Mines (Stone and Metal)

29 minutes ago, AIEND said:

I think it is necessary to distinguish between quarries and gold mines, because one of them is open-pit mining, and the other is collected in a closed environment under the mine. The latter can protect the miners to a certain extent. For example, in The Golden Horde, the workers are stationed in In mines, workers cannot be harmed unless you destroy the mine.

Delenda Est have some good models.

I think Any RTS has better mines than 0A.D.

It is not that they are bad, before they were ugly, they are not so obvious.

AoE III DE's are awesome.

Screenshot_20220423-212815.png

5 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

AoE III DE 非常棒。

截图_20220423-212815.png

These new mining farm models are really good. In addition, AoE3 DE will distinguish gold mines, silver mines and copper mines. I think if we introduce models, we should allow different types of mines to provide different mining efficiencies. For example, gold mines can be mined faster, but their reserves are lower. Copper mines are the opposite.

10 minutes ago, AIEND said:

These new mining farm models are really good. In addition, AoE3 DE will distinguish gold mines, silver mines and copper mines. I think if we introduce models, we should allow different types of mines to provide different mining efficiencies. For example, gold mines can be mined faster, but their reserves are lower. Copper mines are the opposite.

I have had that idea but little support.

4 minutes ago, AIEND said:

If people haven't tried it, they don't know if it's good or bad, maybe it should be in the mod first.

I am an artist and I imagine, others (wow for example) implement my ideas.

Many of them are a rip off from AoE but others are from RTS that I have played

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

9 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

我是一名艺术家,我想,其他人(例如哇)实现我的想法。

他们中的许多人都是从 AoE 抄袭的,但其他人来自我玩过的 RTS

In general, this is not just a change in the appearance of the mine, but a change in the resource mechanism.

8 分钟前,wowgetoffyourcellphone 说:

有些改变只在更大的背景下才有意义,所以不能一点一点地进行。 

That's right, they're part of the overall mechanic change, and it's not appropriate to add them bit by bit individually, as it won't have any effect.

2 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

So doing this change from the mod will avoid a lot of controversy, because it is "optional" for some players, and when more and more players realize the advantages of these new mechanics from the mod, we will You can add them to Alpha naturally.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2019 at 8:41 PM, Nescio said:

The way I see it, mine slots won't have to be enormous. It could be visually pleasing to have one or more mine slots near large hills or cliffs, but in principle they could be placed anywhere on the map.

Cossacks for comparison:

cossacks.thumb.png.d386ebfd27909462ab749ce9460dfc16.png

Mine slot + structure in red, farmstead in blue, storehouse in green, several small rocks for stone in yellow.

I wonder if there would be also a benefit in performance of having mine structures with villagers garrisoned inside.

What proportion of the lag is due to workers movements (or pathfinding calculation)?

• Like 1

35 分钟前,Genava55 说:

我想知道将村民驻扎在里面的矿井结构是否也会带来好处。

延迟的比例是由于工人移动(或寻路计算)造成的?

Miners stationed in mines make metal mining more like a trickle of resources.

11 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Delenda Est have some good models.

We took the legal ones and put them into the game. Not all maps use them, though. I even made snow variation for A26.

11 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I think Any RTS has better mines than 0A.D.

It is not that they are bad, before they were ugly, they are not so obvious.

Thanks, I guess?

2 hours ago, Genava55 said:

What proportion of the lag is due to workers movements (or pathfinding calculation)?

See #5962 (UnitAI Gathering optimisations) – Wildfire Games

2 hours ago, Genava55 said:

I wonder if there would be also a benefit in performance of having mine structures with villagers garrisoned inside.

That would be => [Differential] D2372 [WIP] - Support for mining. (wildfiregames.com)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stan` said:

We took the legal ones and put them into the game. Not all maps use them, though. I even made snow variation for A26.

Thanks, I guess?

See #5962 (UnitAI Gathering optimisations) – Wildfire Games

That would be => [Differential] D2372 [WIP] - Support for mining. (wildfiregames.com)

I'm not talking about the current ones.

The current ones just need to shine brighter.

The texture always tends to confuse with rock sometimes.

20 hours ago, Stan` said:

Thanks! So it is a significant cause of the lag but in a different way than I thought. The suggestion is interesting, it would reduce the amount of computation by workers.

21 hours ago, Stan` said:

Nice. But we could go further, the resources could be directly sent to the player instead of being carried to another building. Like this it would further decrease the computation cost for late game.