===[TASK]=== Trees

LordGood

Can I request a revamp of of old Mediterranean Fan Palm? The current one is nice, but I think you can do better! :D

Current ones:

screenshot0011.thumb.jpg.b55daa06d05f2fdc54928531ae0165f3.jpg

Lots of references of various maturity:

Spoiler

D.jpg a4a05462d0d956d8c6be7e91ae73432a.jpg  chamaerops-humilis-palm-medit-fan-ro.jpgdd8bb8.jpg 661f19.jpg Mediterranean_Fan_Palm_5.jpg?v=154334335 Mediterranean_Fan_Palm.jpg Mediterranean_Fan_Palm_2.jpg Mediterranean_Fan_Palm_1-4.jpg chamaerops-humilis-trees-5.jpg chamaerops-humilis-trees-4.jpg

I like the way these fans "layer" on each other. Will have a nice self-shadowing effect.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

huh, these grow almost exclusively in clumps from rhizomes , not entirely sure why they're all single specimens in game. I'd say use the palmyra palms instead if not for that oversight.

Holly oaks are a priority right about now, since the new oaks themselves are a bit too massive to sit in mixed forests

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, LordGood said:

huh, these grow almost exclusively in clumps from rhizomes , not entirely sure why they're all single specimens in game. I'd say use the palmyra palms instead if not for that oversight.

The problem with using Palmyra Palms is that they're named Palmyra Palms, which make them inaccurate for many maps, if you know what I mean. Since we don't just have "generic" palm trees, we have species-specific which have home ranges. Plus, the Mediterranean fan palms look so cool and clumpy.