===[COMMITTED]=== Horse Update 2.0 (Retexture)

Alexandermb

17 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Horse mod for those who want to give it a small try, but be aware isn't perfect neither finished. 

Mod: Horse_Revamped_Mod.7z

Horses look nice. The Amanirenas chariot was pretty cool. The gaia horses though, their manes did not match up their animations with the horse. Reins and chestband need adjusted to the new horse.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Horses look nice. The Amanirenas chariot was pretty cool. The gaia horses though, their manes did not match up their animations with the horse. Reins and chestband need adjusted to the new horse.

Reins needs to be redone, chestband updated to some kind of blanket too with better textures (or faction design exclusive).

I can't find a way to match gaia horses manes/tails with animations so i just dropped the idle variants leaving only 1 for fauna sadly. Don't know why it behave like that even if i switch in the template the gaia horse for a cavalry wich works perfectly still remains unsync.

8 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Reins needs to be redone, chestband updated to some kind of blanket too with better textures (or faction design exclusive).

I can't find a way to match gaia horses manes/tails with animations so i just dropped the idle variants leaving only 1 for fauna sadly. Don't know why it behave like that even if i switch in the template the gaia horse for a cavalry wich works perfectly still remains unsync.

I just tried to go down the rabbit hole of nested variant files and got lost somewhere before Candyland. I get it, that you're utilizing variants to their full potential, but wowzers, what a web we weave.

39 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I just tried to go down the rabbit hole of nested variant files and got lost somewhere before Candyland. I get it, that you're utilizing variants to their full potential, but wowzers, what a web we weave.

Yep, i don't know how i get there, neither how i end finding that way of making it works.

Spoiler

image.png

• Haha 10

• 1 month later...

i've been playing albion online and they low poly stuff is really great, i would like to try change the rein as a it is now (separated mesh with separated armature) as a mesh of the same horse armature (just like the blankets and armors works now) for reduce the amount of animation files and make the horse easier to do.

Spoiler

image.png

TBH i have most of the mod done, only the rein is the annoying piece of the horse to do.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 5:41 AM, Alexandermb said:

Rein works better with horse armature instead of separated mesh.

Some files will be cleaned, and others merged.

Hide contents

image.pngimage.png

Would love to have a variant of this where front area is not cut/divided. I could rework the texture of the Hellenistic/Eastern peytrals if that would be done.

18 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Yes. However I'm not sure of the performance impact of having a lot of props with complex armatures. @vladislavbelov and @aeonios do you know what's the performance like for rigs ?

That was already discussed in the forum, I understood that it was decided that it wasn't an issue relative to the benefit.

7 hours ago, fatherbushido said:

like for capes?

Exactly just like capes, the thing is that i managed to found a way of make it work back in the first horse update wich make 1 armor works for all cavalry, instead of how capes works having "cape_swordsman_ready" "cape_sowrdsman_relax". And the rein is just an actor using the horse animations/armature wich make it simpler instead of exporting 1 animation per state of a external rein armature back as it was in the first update wich was a total pain to do because isn't behave as a rein but as a stiff pole clipping with everything messing with both armatures infantry and horse.

Spoiler

image.png

Capes should work this way too just that will need a lot of fixes in variants and standarize every animation (speed, amount of animation id's and idles)

• 2 weeks later...

A call to modders!

HORSE UPDATE IS IN!

i'll be glad to help modders to fix cavalry actors in order to keep in sync your mod version to SVN 24. let me know if need help, actors will be broken since all cavalry were replaced to a new mesh, and replaced textures actors lines for a simplified version of variants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1