Why my 0 A.D. the GUI's character string is error encode

Why my 0 A.D. the GUI's character string is error encode?

The annex file is main menu picture.

Please help me. Thanks a lot!

----------------------------

My 0 A.D. was built by clang and os is Mac OS 10.13.6.

I followed the link:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Installing_East_Asian_Locales

Now the 0 A.D. game that was installed by this website's dmg file has been Chinese Mod.

But when I put the zh-lang.zip that was same with the dmg game used to the mods/zh/ directory and the 0 A.D. was executed by the cmd:

binaries/system/pyrogenesis -mod=public -mod=zh-lang
It showed that.
And I saved the configuration and launched the game.
But it was still error encode.

My test was that:
$ binaries/system/test
Running cxxtest tests (317 tests)....................................................................................................................................................................................
In TestCStr::test_parse:
/Users/user/Documents/project/0ad/source/ps/tests/test_CStr.h:136: Error: Expected (str3.ToFloat() == 3.0f), found (0.0000 != 3.0000)
/Users/user/Documents/project/0ad/source/ps/tests/test_CStr.h:137: Error: Expected (str3.ToDouble() == 3.0), found (0.0000 != 3.0000)
In TestCppformat::test_basic:
/Users/user/Documents/project/0ad/source/ps/tests/test_cppformat.h:36: Error: Expected (fmt::sprintf("%f", 0.5f) == "0.500000"), found ("0,500000" != 0.500000)
/Users/user/Documents/project/0ad/source/ps/tests/test_cppformat.h:37: Error: Expected (fmt::sprintf("%.1f", 0.1111f) == "0.1"), found ("0,1" != 0.1)
..................................................................................................................................
Failed 2 and Skipped 0 of 317 tests
Success rate: 99%

How to solve this problem? Please help me. Thanks a lot !

屏幕快照 2019-01-20 下午9.45.14.png

Edited by 梨子的艺仁

1 hour ago, sarcoma said:

Why doesn't the game just use the fonts installed in the system?

Probably because different systems come with different fonts installed (and the users can change them), so the game packs the fonts to look the same in all systems (I guess).

Edited by coworotel

I suppose it was just for the simplicity. Sometime back, it was proposed to use Freetype which was deemed unnecessary by the then devs. I dont recall all of the reasons, but pretty sure the C++ vs Python argument was given.

You could find the exact thread by surfing through RedFox’s content.

I'm working on a solution on my GitHub to generate fonts at runtime. I need to do some performance testing. 

We can't use fonts on the system because we can't assume they will be there. In the future once I'm done with my experiment. I could use some help as well for now It only supports 255 chars instead of all. 

• Like 1