Borg Expansion Pack Mod Release V 1.0.5

borg-

14 hours ago, Glestul said:

I have now played many games in V1.0.3 and still is very similar gameplay to alpha23. In phase three there are still big groups of farmers. Champs should get much stronger in V1.0.4 so that is better to hurry to phase three then get big in phase one. In this version like in alpha  23 is still better to get big in phase one then to go for fast castle. I would like champs be strong so that even with first 5 champs in minute 10 to 15 one could cause big chaos in enemy base in enemy does not have champs as well. 1 champ should kill 20 farmers.

It was like this some alphas ago, and it wasn't fun. Every game was a race to 3 phase and mass champs. 

RTS should be about choices and different strategies. If there's only a real option, and the other are suboptimal, there's no fun

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Glestul said:

This are for now biggest troubles in game for me

If you want to build under fire you must use standground stand.
To start repairing immediately use hammer icon or J shortcut I think.
Put unit producing buildings in a group to train outside camera.
Put priests in standground, default for mod, passive will run from arrows
Rushes are more effective in this mod due to counters and outposts

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Nice, but it's difficult to know if it's working or not. :lmao:Maybe check the latest Delenda Est for me and see if it's working? lol

Well, @Feldfeld had a patch to display counter stats, but for some reason it doesn't work with my patch... Maybe he can update it.

9 hours ago, Feldfeld said:

(or give me the sample you used for testing and i will try to make it work when i have time)

I used borg's mod for testing :)

With this tech

{
    "genericName": "Flaming Arrows",
    "description": "Equip your towers with flaming arrows.",
    "cost": {"food": 0, "wood": 200, "stone": 0, "metal": 50},
    "requirements": { "all": [{ "tech": "phase_town" }] },     "requirementsTooltip": "Unlocked in town Phase.",
    "icon": "fire_arrows.png",
    "researchTime": 40,
    "tooltip": "Towers gain bonus against ships.",
    "modifications": [
{ "value": "Attack/Ranged/Bonuses/Bonus1/Multiplier", "add": 5.0 }],
    "affects": ["StoneTower"],
    "soundComplete": "interface/alarm/alarm_upgradearmory.xml"
}

In the tower 

<Attack>
    <Ranged>
      <Pierce>12</Pierce>
      <MaxRange>72</MaxRange>
      <MinRange>10</MinRange>
      <ElevationBonus>15</ElevationBonus>
      <Bonuses>
        <Bonus1>
      <Classes>Ship</Classes>
          <Multiplier>2.0</Multiplier>
      </Bonus1>
      </Bonuses>
    </Ranged>
  </Attack>

12 minutes ago, Glestul said:

Borg Expansion Pack is great but still the head problem remains that is peasants are still relevant in phase three.

I was playing a game the other day with someone named nini or nina or nino and he spams like crazy , we didnt fight for 15 min and then he attacked me with 700 units and i had 500.

So champs are still not strong enough to motivate players to hurry to phase three and make champs fast and slaughter peasants. 

In phase three pheasants should become irrelevant for fighting.

Thats how i would like game to be, very strong champs so that makes sense to make them and be able to defend against 100 or 200 peasants attack.

20 unupgraded champs should beat 100 phase two upgraded champs. So champs would be able to fight without skirm support for example.

I have attached my match vs nina to demonstrate that is not wise to go go straight for champs at all but to spam like hell in case you play against someone like nina who spams like an insane person. I think its not possible to spam  more units like he does in 15 min of game. nina is expert spammer who produces 700 units in 15 min and that is not how tha game should be.

commands.txt 424.76 kB · 0 downloads metadata.json 46.84 kB · 0 downloads

The problem is bigger than that.
If I make the champions very strong then they will also be strong against contours, siege, ships, women and everything.

What can be done is let's a little stronger with each version, until a consensus is reached.

Tnx so much u feedback Glestul.

1 minute ago, Glestul said:

Yes peasants should fight other peasants but not champs, so if both players do mass peasants there is no difference , but if one player go fast for phase three and make some 10 champs he should have advantage over a player who is still in phase one with mass of peasants. 

i will explain it in allegory, lets imagine  peasants are warriors with bows and champs are warriors with muskets, no matter how big the number of bowmen is, they will never defeat a small group of musketeers, thats how i want the game to be. 

Going to phase three should enable a significant advantage over a player who is still in phase one.

What peasants??

2878d826218708a558f136717460bab2.thumb.jpg.2fdf4e8cf150ab8b98a69a065e250422.jpg

These guys own peasants! Well, at least some of them... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glestul said:

Peasant is a guy who works on a field for living and champ is payed trained soldier who trains combat skill 8 hours a day

Dude... There are no peasants in the game. Those citizen soldiers usually represent the upper sections of society and formed the backbone of many ancient armies. They're not peasants. Many of them owned peasants. 

I for one would LOVE to have generic peasants for each civ, but it's not a thing right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glestul said:

point is that units in phase three should kill units from phase one with ease like a hot knife through a butter.

That makes comebacks impossible. The player who gets behind will remain behind. Especially when there are no counters. (talking from a vanilla PoV)

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Glestul said:

Its just semantics , point is that units in phase three should kill units from phase one with ease like a hot knife through a butter.

Not when they're upgraded and experienced... This isn't a fantasy game. Of course there are plenty of abstractions, but 20 dudes cutting down a 100 upgraded veterans like a hot knife through butter sounds like something that belongs in mythology, not history. 

It sounds like you just lost a match because someone spammed harder than you. Making champions more powerful isn't going to change that. It just changes which units get spammed. I'm not saying that champions couldn't use a little buff, but nothing like the way you present it. 100 experienced veterans vs 20 pretty boy champions? Those pretty boys should loose...

Also, the difference between citizen soldiers and peasants is not semantics...

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1

So the game should be a race to phase three and the loser of the race should just resign as not to waste time. Thats a gameplay paradigm too. I can’t say anything on how feasible it would be. I no longer play the game on multiplayer. (playing vs the AI allows me to test its behavior while having fun anyway). I just try to make nice cities now.

Edited by Guest

Here's a quick thought.  Introduce rams to the town phase in some way.  Since walls are present, it could, if the map has a large amount of choke-points, create a deadlock that cannot be broken until the City Phase.  Maybe this is okay, but I think that even having a weak ram unit would do a lot to make the town phase more interesting.  On another note, is there any plan to make walls more affordable?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

Here's a quick thought.  Introduce rams to the town phase in some way.  Since walls are present, it could, if the map has a large amount of choke-points, create a deadlock that cannot be broken until the City Phase.  Maybe this is okay, but I think that even having a weak ram unit would do a lot to make the town phase more interesting.  On another note, is there any plan to make walls more affordable?

I'll study the possibility of make the walls affordable.

Tnx u feedback.