0 A.D. on Librebox?

odalman

Is anyone successfully playing 0 A.D. on Librebox? If so, with which display resolution? Is the CPU fast enough? Is the built-in Intel graphic sufficient for rendering? Are 2 cores sufficient for pathfinding of many hundred units? If not, is someone playing 0 A.D. on another freedom and privacy oriented computer?

Hey @odalman

You should be fine playing 0 A.D. on this box, though don't expect huge performance (It will be quite decent though). With graphics at a reasonable amount, and not too many units you should be fine (We are waiting for a patch to thread the pathfinder which will hopefully improve performance) 

If you go for it, let us know !

EDIT: @feneur, might need to unlock his account.

• Like 1

Thanks @stanislas69

I am currently leaning towards a system based on the Blackbird™ Mainboard (expected late Q1). I expect Raptor Computing Systems to offer the mainboard in a chassis with optional additional components once the board started shipping (like the currently available Talos™ II Lite Base Chassis, which is based on the expensiver and soundless Talos II Lite mainboard). These mainboards are for the POWER9 CPU. Is anyone running 0 A.D. on that?

We do have an option to disable sound. However while we have a rough arm support ( Some people reported making the game work on a raspberry pi) we don't have power9 support . Might be just a matter of recompiling the game but I'm sure it won't be as easy.

• 1 year later...