Empire's of Glory and Honor Mod Discussion

MythyCool

Here's a list of Civilizations I would make without altering the unit costs or heath.
1.) Imperial Rome
2.) Byzantine Empire 
3.) Holy Roman Empire 
4.) Medieval Briton 
5.) Medieval France
6.) Mongol Empire 
7.) Norse 
8.) Aztec Empire
9.) Ancient Chinese
10.) Ancient Japanese
11.) Samurai Era Japanese
12.) Templar
13.) Caliphate of Cordoba
14.) Egyptian Empire 
15.) Spanish Empire
16.) Zulu Empire
But I do not know how to mod that well but I will try my  hardest so I would need help with files and programs I would need. I could go on for day's about content i would add like this.
I'm home 24/7 so I could mod the game all day and night if I had to.

Edited by MythyCool
  • Like 1

Also I would add a formation to all civilizations that would equip a sword to spearman because all armys small and big equipped their military with some type
short ranged weapon because Alexander The Great did not conqueror almost the whole known world with just spears and cavalry.

• 3 weeks later...

This mod will have a counter system based off of real life counter system to troops.
Troop type: What it counters.
Spearman: Cavalry and Elephants 
Swordsman: Spearman
Cavalry: Archers and Javelinists
Archers and Javelinists: Swordsman, Spearman and Elephants
Elephants: Swordsman and Cavalry

It will only be a 2x damage buff to these units since it will counter them but you can still win if you totally out number your enemy

Edited by MythyCool

1 hour ago, MythyCool said:

This mod will have a counter system based off of real life counter system to troops.
Troop type: What it counters.
Spearman: Cavalry and Elephants 
Swordsman: Spearman
Cavalry: Archers and Javelinists
Archers and Javelinists: Swordsman, Spearman and Elephants
Elephants: Swordsman and Cavalry

It will only be a 2x damage buff to these units since it will counter them but you can still win if you totally out number your enemy

if you want to have the counter system  look at 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, asterix said:

do you have some repository where you developing your mod? github, gitlab for instance.

i'm just working on it on my own and have not posted it no where yet. I've made the short lived Spartan Empire and also finished the Byzantine Empire and Roman Empire. I'm now working on the Frankish Empire and the North Sea Empire.

3 minutes ago, MythyCool said:

i'm just working on it on my own and have not posted it no where yet. I've made the short lived Spartan Empire and also finished the Byzantine Empire and Roman Empire. I'm now working on the Frankish Empire and the North Sea Empire.

could you send it to me via pm in zip format?

1 minute ago, MythyCool said:

I might but i would like to know what you want them for?2035061667_Screenshot(155).png.e5d06b2c1eb30823432c99ae37a70721.png132775040_Screenshot(158).png.58f658406dfef785073aadbb872fe462.png1609081869_Screenshot(156).png.2c9a46137ae5a3366af49de99c0e0c12.png594561708_Screenshot(157).png.ce0b078ef689a47ac733350a0e60279a.png

Nice, just as it functions all right, do you need to help with it ,   later on, I can maybe publish it officially under Council of modders moddb page and on mod.io    or if you want it so another way maybe under your name and mine with my help.

9 minutes ago, asterix said:

Nice, just as it functions all right, do you need to help with it ,   later on, I can maybe publish it officially under Council of modders moddb page and on mod.io    or if you want it so another way maybe under your name and mine with my help.

Theirs no clipping of swords through shields i wanted it to feel nice to play and with a new feel all soldiers will promote as normal but they will keep the same skin as shown because Kings would have a standard for their troops you would not have half naked guys next to fully armored ones.

Edited by MythyCool

13 minutes ago, asterix said:

I will also be redoing the Macedonian Empire like this adding swordsman and skins for them since Alexander the Great did not take over almost the entire know world with just spears and cavalry. With a war campaign like his he would've had to pick up their enemy's weapons to equip his men for further battles.

1 minute ago, MythyCool said:

I will also be redoing the Macedonian Empire like this adding swordsman and skins for them since Alexander the Great did not take over almost the entire know world with just spears and cavalry. With a war campaign like his he would've had to pick up their enemy's weapons to equip his men for further battles.

this is a very nice idea 

12 minutes ago, MythyCool said:

Theirs no clipping of swords through shields i wanted it to feel nice to play and with a new feel all soldiers will promote as normal but they will keep the same skin as shown because Kings would have a standard for their troops you would not have half naked guys next to fully armored ones.

modify the art/actor xml files of all the actors of all the units you wish to gather this new resource so as to tell the game which animations and props to use on units for gathering and returning with your new resource. Every civ that has that unit, every promotion level. The easiest way to do this is to use variants (see the contents of the art/variants folder for some idea of how this works), but it will still require modifying a lot of actor templates.

This step could be seen as optional, as the gathering will still take place without error, but without it units will just stand at the resource (playing the idle animation) until their resource capacity is full.   in their templates under tag promotion change the name to the first one 

6 minutes ago, asterix said:

this is a very nice idea 

Basically my vision for my mod is to add only empires through history even if its a short lived one . I will not be adding vikings since viking just means raider in their words and any mercenary groups since they would fight for all kinds kings or lords if paid enough.

Edited by MythyCool

3 minutes ago, asterix said:

modify the art/actor xml files of all the actors of all the units you wish to gather this new resource so as to tell the game which animations and props to use on units for gathering and returning with your new resource. Every civ that has that unit, every promotion level. The easiest way to do this is to use variants (see the contents of the art/variants folder for some idea of how this works), but it will still require modifying a lot of actor templates.

This step could be seen as optional, as the gathering will still take place without error, but without it units will just stand at the resource (playing the idle animation) until their resource capacity is full.   in their templates under tag promotion change the name to the first one 

The empires i know I can add on my own without changing much is.
North Sea Empire 
Macedonian Empire
Mongol Empire 
Frankish Empire 
Egyptian Empire
If theirs any others that would be easy please tell me because i'm finished with the Romans.Byzantines and Spartans.

4 minutes ago, MythyCool said:

The empires i know I can add on my own without changing much is.
North Sea Empire 
Macedonian Empire
Mongol Empire 
Frankish Empire 
Egyptian Empire
If theirs any others that would be easy please tell me because i'm finished with the Romans.Byzantines and Spartans.

so you are using content from other council of modders mods then .... yeah good idea but sooner or later you would need to add some new techs or units, buildings and so on so that it would feel a bit special.

3 minutes ago, asterix said:

so you are using content from other council of modders mods then .... yeah good idea but sooner or later you would need to add some new techs or units, buildings and so on so that it would feel a bit special.

Yeah I know but i'm just not good at making my own art and props that's one area i'm not good in and i really want to add Medieval empires in but I don't know where to start in blender.