2020 Art Wishlist

Stan`

17 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I can't remember why but I think assassin's creed originally had kids but they were removed. 

As in young goats or as in human children? If the latter, I suppose it was removed to avoid accusations of inappropiateness.

• Haha 1

That is why I explained that no killing of civilians would be involved. :D The proposed panic animations will correspond when an enemy player attacks a structure (or even as an alternate death animation, like surrendering with arms raised and kneeling, then disappearing magically :LOL:

Civilian props would only be inside the parameters of a structure, like sitting on a bench just outside a house or playing just outside the door. I imagine a market or a CC filled with civilians would be nice and make it more distinguishable. :)

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Body variations could be given to civilians as well as elderly population.

Edit: Ohh right, the female citizens.. Let me think of a solution for it

Also it might mislead people into thinking building are garrisoned when they aren't. Which is why I restrained from putting units on scaffoldings (you can use the prop points do so though)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Also it might mislead people into thinking building are garrisoned when they aren't. Which is why I restrained from putting units on scaffoldings (you can use the prop points do so though)

Interesting, I did not know that you had that planned. Maybe we could reserve the civilian animations for eyecandy and future scenario applications?

• 5 weeks later...

Although not everything on your 2019 art wishlist has been finished and committed, a lot of art has been improved or added last year, including many things not on your list. :) Because it's now January, it's now time for a 2020 art wishlist. Here's mine:

• animals:
    • animate all animals that still lack animations
    • create young animals: foal, calf, kid, lamb, piglet
    • create more domestic birds: ducks, geese, swans; pheasant, quail, quinea fowl, turkey
    • create mule (infertile offspring of a male donkey and female horse; superior pack animal to both; used extensively throughout the Mediterranean)
    • create Bactrian (Camelus bactrianus), wild Bactrian (Camelus ferus), and hybrid camels (infertile offspring of dromedary and Bactrian camel; superior pack animal to both; bred in and around Afghanistan and Turkmenistan; used extensively by traders from Serbia to India)
    • create llama (Lama glama), guanaco (Lama guanicoe), alpaca (Vicugna pacos), vicuña (Vicugna vicugna)
    • create reindeer (Rangifer tarandus), red deer (Cervus elaphus), roe deer (Capreolus capreolus), fallow deer (Dama dama); the species of the current deer is not exactly clear; preferably have three actors (male, female, infant) for each species, as is done for cattle and lions
    • create hare (Lepus europaeus)
    • create Eurasian lynx (Lynx lynx) and striped hyena (Hyaena hyaena)
    • create cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus), leopard (Panthera pardus), snow leopard (Panthera uncia), jaguar (Panthera onca), cougar (Puma concolor)
    • create Indian rhinoceros (Rhinoceros unicornis) and black rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis)
    • create hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius)
    • (other species are certainly most welcome; the more the merrier; merely listing the most important missing ones)
  • birds:
    • the current hawk is actually a common buzzard (Buteo buteo); rename accordingly to avoid confusion
    • add golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos)
    • add peregrine falcon (Falco peregrinus)
    • add common kestrel (Falco tinnunculus)
    • add griffon vulture (Gyps fulvus)
    • (other species are certainly most welcome; the more the merrier; merely listing the most important Eurasian raptors)
  • units:
    • female and male workers for all civilizations (every worker you train has a 50% chance of being female and 50% to be male, as is the case in Age of Mythology; statistically they're identical, but visually they look differently)
    • separate Celtic support actors, creating different female, healer, trader for Britons and Gauls
    • separate ship actors for Britons, Gauls, Iberians; maybe different sails?
    • have unique ram actors for each civilization
    • redesign helepolis siege tower
    • create Gaul infantry archer
    • Persians:
      • create Armenian slinger; maybe also an infantry axeman
      • reuse Dahae b/a/e horse archer (Seleucid actor)
      • redesign Babylonian scythed chariot and make it a champion
    • the Seleucid champion cavalry is a compound of three distinct units: the Agema (Medes and Persians), the Hetairoi (Macedonian companions), and cataphracts (Galatians, Cappadocians, Armenians, and others); it would be great to have three different actors
    • create more exotic units:
      • Arab camel swordsman
      • Kushite biga (light two-horsed chariot) archer
      • Libyan biga archer
      • Libyan biga javelinist
      • Punic quadriga (heavy four-horsed chariot); used by Carthage in numerous battles on Sicily (against Greeks, Sicels, Sicanians) until Pyrrhus of Epirus came with war elephants in the 3rd C BC
    • melee attack animations for chariots
  • structures:
    • 1:10 rectangular fields for all civilizations
    • new docks for Athenians and Macedonians; keep the old actor (boathouse) for a military shipyard
    • new temples for Britons and Gauls; keep the old actor for a mercenary camp
    • new Roman civic centre
    • new wonders for Britons, Gauls, Macedonians, Persians
    • the current Carthaginian wonder is a candidate for best-looking structure in 0 A.D.; however, the design is fundamentally Greek; Carthage has been razed to the ground, so we don't know whether that is inappropiate; however, I'm quite fond of the (unused) tophet's shape, which is typically Phoenician and therefore great for Carthage; perhaps magnify the tophet actor by a factor 3, embellish it, and see how it looks as a wonder?
    • add rotary mills for Carthage and Rome; maybe for all other civs as well
    • add royal palaces for Macedonians, Ptolemies, Seleucids
    • add theatres for Ptolemies and Seleucids
    • redesign Athenian theatre; in classical Athens the theatre was a temporary wooden structure which was build once a year for the five-day Greater Dionysia and demolished again after the festival was finished; over time it gradually became semi-permanent (e.g. marble benches for front-row officials) but remained mostly made of wood, burning down more than once; permanent stone theatres are something of Hellenistic and Roman times.
    • low walls for all civilizations (only Carthage has them right now)
    • rename:
      • blacksmith (a person) → forge (a workshop)
      • (Iberian) monument → pillar or statue
      • (Athenian) gymnasion → gymnasium rP23340
      • theatron → theater rP23347
      • scout/stone/defense tower → large tower
      • wooden/sentry tower → small tower
      • workshop (generic) → arsenal (a place for storing, repairing, and producing artillery)
Edited by Nescio
low walls
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

@Stan`regarding the elves mod, you may also want to try to get in touch with @gameboyor @gameboy2. He's the one who did the original models for MegaGlest. The models were great, but the faction was never included in the game. (Another related link at https://github.com/zetaglest/elves-testing/)

(I think he did some work for 0ad? At least I saw his nick on the forum at some point...)

• 3 months later...