===[TASK]=== Current issues with Celtic units and guideline for the next

Genava55

I wish we could get some more cape models as well. The current model is used for 99% of all capes (Boudicca has a narrower custom prop cape with no front wrap around, which makes it problematic for texturing). The current model is good, but some more variants would be nice, like over one shoulder or the other or over both shoulders.

17 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I wish we could get some more cape models as well. The current model is used for 99% of all capes (Boudicca has a narrower custom prop cape with no front wrap around, which makes it problematic for texturing). The current model is good, but some more variants would be nice, like over one shoulder or the other or over both shoulders.

And female variants of each cape model.

23 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think there needs to be a new f_armor_dress.dae skeletal mesh. The texture I just made looks nice, but the model distorts the Hell out of it.

image.png.c3292df17d8d43169121f7e77bbbdf18.png

hero_boudicca_2.png

hero_boudicca_2_spec.png

hero_boudicca_2.psd 543 kB · 0 downloads

maybe you have to adjust the part of the breasts., that the support (Shoulder pads) do not reach so down.

You have to be practical as an armor would be more comfortable for a woman.

It occurs to me that it might be like a prop.

Pretty baggy like a dress.

unknown-5.png.d5fd300e8f0e8c641c54e583a714f26d.png

Option 2

Less invasive, that the shoulder joints end before the breast.

s-l300.jpg.e956895c974c346496242d7a7dcad6e8.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

If I can recall, isn't the cape model unified for all factions? Still rooting for an unarmored Boudicca.

Historical attire, gear, and temple structure aside, the next issue that may have to be taken seriously is the Brythonic heroes being out of the current 0 A.D. timeframe. Sure, the current three can be put as Atlas-only units or preparation for the so-called "Part 2/Empires Beseiged". Those (at least) three during Caesar's invasions, anybody?

25 minutes ago, Carltonus said:

Historical attire, gear, and temple structure aside, the next issue that may have to be taken seriously is the Brythonic heroes being out of the current 0 A.D. timeframe. Sure, the current three can be put as Atlas-only units or preparation for the so-called "Part 2/Empires Beseiged". Those (at least) three during Caesar's invasions, anybody?

I'm not in this discussion but as a player I think this is a bad idea. Before thinking about it you should have good ideas for replacement heroes for the Brythonic, besides the second part of 0ad is not even scheduled for release.

Edited by Lopess
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lopess said:

I'm not in this discussion but as a player I think this is a bad idea. Before thinking about it you should have good ideas for replacement heroes for the Brythonic, besides the second part of 0ad is not even scheduled for release.

In the long-run, of course! To summarize: Cassivellaunus would be the same class as Boudicca, on chariots; same goes for Mandubracius and who is going to be the third one, both that may be swordsmen on foot and horse, respectively. All that with little to no change in gameplay or statistics, if that is what you mean...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Carltonus said:

In the long-run, of course! To summarize: Cassivellaunus would be the same class as Boudicca, on chariots; same goes for Mandubracius and who is going to be the third one, both that may be swordsmen on foot and horse, respectively. All that with little to no change in gameplay or statistics, if that is what you mean...

Go with DE style heroes and you can have as many heroes as you want. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...