Re-release of 0 A.D. Alpha 23 Ken Wood

Itms

10 minutes ago, soshanko said:

new release alpha23b is not installing in my windows. it says a problem in pyrogenesis exe.

Are you sure the current version of the file isn't used by some process? There is a chance the game didn't stop properly. You could restart your computer to test.

The other option that comes to my mind is not enough space on your disk (either the disk where you are trying to install, or the disk where your temporary folder lives).

• Like 1

I don't know why my pc is eating the pyrogenesis exe. I already installed it 2 times . after installing I play couple of multiplayer matches. even logged in and out the lobby several times. now my shortcut is not working. it says the "pyrogenesis.exe" item has been changed or removed. then I went to C-drive/users/user/appdata/local/0ad alpha/ binaries/ system. in this folder I don't have pyrogenesis.exe. Although I have a file called pyrogenesis.pdb.

what can I do now? plz give a solution.

I want to play with two friends who use Windows, I use Linux. Now I have compiled the new version from source, launched it and am in the Alpha 23 lobby. But they see totally different people and games in the multiplayer lobby than me, but they see each other. Are there different lobbies for the Operating systems?

8 minutes ago, Xerus said:

I want to play with two friends who use Windows, I use Linux. Now I have compiled the new version from source, launched it and am in the Alpha 23 lobby. But they see totally different people and games in the multiplayer lobby than me, but they see each other. Are there different lobbies for the Operating systems?

Nope. So either your friends are not using the A23b version, or you are not.

You could try to add to your user.cfg file (https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths)

lobby.room = "arena23"
lobby.xpartamupp = "wfgbot23"
lobby.echelon = "echelon23"

if you want to join the old lobby. (not recommended)

or 

lobby.room = "arena23b"
lobby.xpartamupp = "wfgbot23b"
lobby.echelon = "echelon23b"

for the new one.

Also make sure your svn is not too recent, we just started working on A24. your commit should be (r21947)

They have downloaded the official most recent Windows version, i.e. 23b

I have downloaded https://releases.wildfiregames.com/0ad-0.0.23b-alpha-unix-build.tar.gz and https://releases.wildfiregames.com/0ad-0.0.23b-alpha-unix-data.tar.gz and compiled and ran it as instructed on https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#DebianUbuntu

The text in the lobby in the right info tab is the same, yet we don't see each other and see completely different games.

Edited by Xerus

• To make sure you have both the same versions, in the main menu, you should both have "Terms" in the hardware reporter, bottom right of the screen.
  • If you have the same versions, but still see different lobbies, one of you probably has a modified user.cfg with another lobby.

8 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Nope. So either your friends are not using the A23b version, or you are not.

You could try to add to your user.cfg file (https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths)

lobby.room = "arena23"
lobby.xpartamupp = "wfgbot23"
lobby.echelon = "echelon23"

if you want to join the old lobby. (not recommended)

or 

lobby.room = "arena23b"
lobby.xpartamupp = "wfgbot23b"
lobby.echelon = "echelon23b"

for the new one.

Also make sure your svn is not too recent, we just started working on A24. your commit should be (r21947)

Okay, it only worked once we _all_ entered this into the user.cfg. If I only did it, it still didn't work.

For Ubuntu users, this is what I found:

It is still not possible to install automatically the last 0.23 Ubuntu version.

So ....  after some hours searching ... Maybe I found why it is not possible to install the last version of 0ad on Ubuntu with official repositories...

It is clearly possible to find the last version in some Ubuntu repositories, but adding the repositories does not change the number of the version to install... the package manager only display  the first 0.23 version. And for some reasons sometime it is the 0.22 version ... :(

So to understand what's happened, I installed the last possible version (first 0.23 from wfg repository) and I tried to install the last package manually...

I discovered some dependencies are missing in Ubuntu LTS repository.

For exemple, as written in the 0ad package control file, 0ad depends on  libboost-filesystem1.67.0

But browsing the Ubuntu LTS repositories, this version is not available.

=> If I am right, because the package manager can't find dependencies for the last version, it think this version is not installable, so it is look for the previous 0ad version... and magic...  all dependencies are available... So the package manager display this 0ad version but this is not the last one...

I can be wrong...

As Ubuntu user, I think there is a bug in the documentation. I do not recommend to install 0ad from Universe repository : For me, and maybe for the same reason, I can not install any 0.23 version from Universe repository  (0.22.4 max). To have a chance to install the first 0.23 version the wfg repository is needed....

But unfortunately, the last 0.23 is not available on wfg repository and I suspect if wfg release the last version, it will not work on Ubuntu LTS for the same reasons...

Edited by camelator

To Ubuntu users,

the last release of 0ad was uploaded today (28 Dec 18) , but as expected, it does not work with the Long Term Support version of Ubuntu.

The package manager can't find the dependencies and only the 0.23RC3 is downloadable.

=> It is not possible for regular users of Ubuntu (LTS) to join the Lobby with the last version of 0ad.

In the middle of updating from the ppa on Mint 18 which is based on Ubuntu showed up in my update manager while I was having my supper :)  10 minutes left for the download @ 1456 kB/sec.Already have it on my Christmas Laptop a Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ARB 8Gb Ram and Tb hard drive and Radeon GPU haven't put Linux on it yet have to learn how to get into the BIOS first.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

@camelator

You can compile the game like this

- Download
0ad
data

- Deflate both files in the same directory and change to that directory in the terminal

- Run

sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev   \
    libcurl4-gnutls-dev libenet-dev libgloox-dev libicu-dev    \
    libminiupnpc-dev libnspr4-dev libnvtt-dev libogg-dev libopenal-dev   \
    libpng-dev libsdl2-dev libvorbis-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libxcursor-dev  \
    libxml2-dev subversion zlib1g-dev

sudo apt-get install libsodium-dev

See https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#DebianUbuntu if you get an error

- Compile (https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Building)

cd 0ad/build/workspaces
./update-workspaces.sh -j3
cd gcc
make -j3

cd ../../..

- Run from that dir

binaries/system/pyrogenesis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1