===[TASK]=== Mac Installation Background

Stan`

ps/trunk/build/resources/dmgbackground.pngWould someone be interested in drawing a new background for the mac installations ? This one is very old, that is what the main menu used to look like.

Would any of @fabius_titus (Or the Afgral School)

@Victor Rossi @dMAthena @LordGood @pedro_blancobe interested in improving it ?

I'm thinking of a little contest, what do you think ?

The only thing that must remains is too blocks with an arrow between the two, because mac users install their software by dragging and dropping. Resolution: 600x372

Format PSD + PNG

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Imarok said:

Sure that is enough for the Retina display macs?

That's the current size. :)

Could be bigger sure. The thing is it's used as a folder background, so if it's too big it will look bad on older macs.

4 minutes ago, Imarok said:

(Maybe we also want to use the image for the Windows installer?)

Sure, I'm asking specifically for mac because it's its current use, but we can use it for something else :)

This sounds pretty cool, it even reminded me of the AoE II campaign background. 
I'll try to take the day tomorrow to finish and send the Amanirenas portrait, then I might be able to see what I can do. Is there a deadline for this? 
And just another question, is there a video or some sort of reference showing this installation menu?
I mean,  it's a little out of context for someone who never owned a mac. It would help me to understand how it works and how it fits into the installer :D 

Also, I've made these 2 unrelated illustrations a while ago and if you guys have any use to them in the game, feel free to use it. The second one might need some adjustments because it was a speedpainting, but I can do that in a day or two :) 

Spoiler

triarii.png.1df231e0fbb1c8546a47fb2e6647494d.png

Spoiler

last-stand.thumb.png.10f83ce8fce490c983df838993d4d1ef.png

Edited by Victor Rossi
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Victor Rossi said:

This sounds pretty cool, it even reminded me of the AoE II campaign background. 
I'll try to take the day tomorrow to finish and send the Amanirenas portrait, then I might be able to see what I can do. Is there a deadline for this? 
And just another question, is there a video or some sort of reference showing this installation menu?
I mean,  it's a little out of context for someone who never owned a mac. It would help me to understand how it works and how it fits into the installer :D 

Also, I've made these 2 unrelated illustrations a while ago and if you guys have any use to them in the game, feel free to use it. The second one might need some adjustments because it was a speedpainting, but I can do that in a day or two :) 

Reveal hidden contents

triarii.png.1df231e0fbb1c8546a47fb2e6647494d.png

Reveal hidden contents

last-stand.thumb.png.10f83ce8fce490c983df838993d4d1ef.png

You must share or show more of your work.

7 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Like what ? :)

Can be nice have more 3D for many matters like posters game background. Etc.

we can remake the original.

ZhnNSJ.png

Related image
image.png.650d48fafa64b7e105d58cfcb2337f66.png

18 hours ago, Victor Rossi said:

Is there a deadline for this? 

Next version Alpha 24 so at least 4 months, more like 6.

18 hours ago, Victor Rossi said:

At 0:55 

Spoiler