Fork AD

8 hours ago, sphyrth said:

I couldn't care less about release dates anymore.

0 A.D. at least has some updates to show. Meanwhile Fork AD's still closed from the general public... accessible to those who want to really see it.

Yes! It could appear frustrating but we choose the hard way. But you can get the answers of your question, just ask here, in pm or on irc ;-)

(Also just a general recall, we are a free and open source fork!)

32 minutes ago, fatherbushido said:

Yes! It could appear frustrating but we choose the hard way. But you can get the answers of your question, just ask here, in pm or on irc ;-)

(Also just a general recall, we are a free and open source fork!)

- When is the aim of the release: with a beta status, finished product, or it will be some alpha?
- What about the gameplay design. It's very different from 0 a.d? There's a redesign?
- Engine features highlights
- Fork A.D is the final name? seems nice as a project name, but not very attractive from a general public pov.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, av93 said:

- When is the aim of the release: with a beta status, finished product, or it will be some alpha?
- What about the gameplay design. It's very different from 0 a.d? There's a redesign?
- Engine features highlights
- Fork A.D is the final name? seems nice as a project name, but not very attractive from a general public pov.

(... after fighting with message formatting in the forum)

The answers above are personal.

- The first release will be called "1". The following one "2" and so on. Implicit status are perhaps: "developed", "maintained", "orphaned".

- There are gameplay changes and gameplay new elements. We could discuss more about what we mean by gameplay, about the role of modders, about the role of communauty, about SP, about MP, a too long discussion for that topic ;-)

- No spoilers. There are a lot of work done and to do on the engine.

- It's the name of the project.

Open to questions and suggestions!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 4:28 AM, fatherbushido said:

Then we will have to figure out who are Caelus, Saturn and Jupiter in that story ;-)

Sorry I couldn't catch the joke in that one. I don't really belong in the Marvel and DC universes... (if that's a nerdy historical joke, then that would be a shame on me).

Anyway, I thought Pseudochronos would be a nice concept because 0 A.D. itself is a name of a "Fake/False Time". Edit: PLUS the name begins with the Psi Fork.

Edited by sphyrth

True! I just hope this doesn't split the community or potential contributers to the code. (As in delay the release of new alphas in 0 ad)

That's a bit true.

For delays, indeed see:

For duplicated work, indeed. Last example I have in mind is nvtt library upgrade which was done here https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP23305 (12-2019) and which was the merge !2 in Fork AD (12-2018). The dates don't matter, it could have been the converse.