MacOS / OSX RC Bundles.

The Release Candidates for the re-release of A23 are ready! :)
https://releases.wildfiregames.com/rc

Please test them as much as possible to ensure a great release. You can test everything you can think of, not only the points listed by Stan above. ;)
In case you find a bug, please make sure to tell us on which platform, including the version (for example, Windows 7, or Debian Stretch, or macOS High Sierra).

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Servo said:

is there any clear method how to add something on the rebundle files so I can go to the main lobby? while waiting I will test SP. I hosted an AI game on that empty lobby and got a slight error which I can't recall but the game continued.

Yes you can by editing the ~/Library/Application\ Support/0ad/user.cfg file and adding those lines:

lobby.room = "arena23"

lobby.xpartamupp = "wfgbot23"

lobby.echelon = "echelon23"

Don't forget to delete the entries once the re-release is out.

• Like 2

thanks to elexis for guiding a novice pc man. seems like game is good. Except the same ogg error and one that says handlefade line error. 

Mod working, MP 4v4 is fine. SP is fine too on regular skirmish and random map. 

Edited by Servo
  • Like 1

It happens in the main game to me. It happens to both MP and SP. it happens mostly around the 30th minute or more, idk the sense. I will try more test on SP. When I hosted a 4v4 the error occurred almost near the end around 30th minute + or - . Same as when I spectate. 

I don’t want to speculate but seems like audio allocation use is minimal. It’s like the power allocated for audio is less. 

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I’m experiencing too much pop up spam on my Mac and I’m suspecting after I DL the  RC rebundle from @stanislas69 site. It’s the adobe flash thing then followed by Mac repair. Sometimes in my game it pops out too and it’s stopping it aside fro the fact that it’s annoying and maybe dangerous. It pops out whenever I go to any website too and I have to keep on deleting the DL. 

Any advice on how to eliminate this? Or my pc has virus now?!

Edited by Servo

• 1 month later...

To fix the current issue with TLS that is IMHO a big issue, I tried to find a solution. I made a special bundle, which according to @Tobbifixes the issue. I'd like to get more feedback if that's possible :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/00lxxtdmsu64nrs/0ad-0.0.23b-alpha-osx64.dmg/file

@BreakfastBurrito_007, @Sundiata, @HMS-Surprise @iceblendedmocha @Wurri @Servo @Rolf Dew If yourself or people you know experience the issue could you ask them to check this version, and tell me if it fixes it ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Servo said:

I’m in the lobby now. But the game color is red. 

TLS encryptions is on. 

What to do now?

oh it’s ok

Basically, the current bundle will crash on specific mac os. This new bundle supposedly fixes it, I just need confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...