13th Century Europe Mod - In Development

Bigtiger

Resultado de imagen para spanish wear full armor  xiii

Well in their home lands Full armor was not to difficult as most knights are from the more northern and cooler areas such as Britain, France, and Germania so for the most part full armor was not a real problem. But when it was really hot out or if they were on crusade in the east they could not wear plate armor as they would be more likely to die of heat stroke long before they saw the enemy. Instead most medieval knights would wear chain mail armor instead. It would still be hot but they would be able to cope, knights were tough fighters and a little heat wouldn’t stop them.

I’ve wear a full plate in a Spanish sunny day:

Truth is, it helps to dissipate heat. Of course, if you are all the time in the sun, you’ll have a problem (but then again, the same happens without armour) . But, if you are moving, armour keeps you cooler: is a big @#$% heat sink.

Generally speaking, you’ll be always cooler in plate, because is a huge @#$%ing dissipator.

Is much worst in cold climate, because… is a huge @#$%ing heat sink. You need a lot of clothes under the Armour if it’s cold outside.

Chain mail is even better, I don’t know why, but is even cooler. Maybe it dissipates heat and also generates some kind of air insulation between the rings, but is even better.

https://www.quora.com/How-did-fully-armoured-medieval-knights-deal-with-the-heat-The-armour-had-a-few-gaps-but-it-would-be-very-hard-to-cool-down-while-wearing-it-all-the-time

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

About presets building

--

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/custom-build-queues/56912

Since now we can mix command queues between gather and build and walk, I would like to request something to make saved presets to queue build orders. For example, it would very helpful if we could have a set of buttons we could save our custom presets to. That way it will be much faster than designing them during a game. I’ve attached some screen shots as examples of building layouts which can be time consuming during a competitive game, but if they were saved and done quickly they could be very useful in the right place on the map. Protecting a resource or location. Late game making a TC with farms and walls and gates to use some of that stockpiling wood. Each user would have unique presets so it would make for some interesting strategies.

The custom preset build queues would be accessed by selecting a villager, clicking “custom buildings” just like we currently select “buildings” or “military buildings”. Then a screen showing just numbers of presets… no preview needed. Thanks! You guys are awesome!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I actually now have all the assets just didn't find the time to put them back together

Oh that's awesome! I was wondering( this is probably the wrong place to do so but) I wanted to ask you what exactly a person like me would have missed that is new to the game since early 2020? I figure you would be the best person to ask lol

13 hours ago, Stan` said:

Don't you really have much on your plate? Also it's a 800 MB mess with files all over...

Nothing a vacation with free time doesn't help. But even more about the files it's easier to find helpers when the 3d files already exist, which is already a big help. Really almost a gig of raw files is not interesting to make it available on github, but a zip file on a Drive link would be enough. And if anyone who is not yet fully familiar with the modification in 0ad wants to take this mod as a start I'm willing to help in what I can help, it will be a pleasure since I always really liked all the art that @Bigtiger created.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lopess said:

Nothing a vacation with free time doesn't help. But even more about the files it's easier to find helpers when the 3d files already exist, which is already a big help. Really almost a gig of raw files is not interesting to make it available on github, but a zip file on a Drive link would be enough. And if anyone who is not yet fully familiar with the modification in 0ad wants to take this mod as a start I'm willing to help in what I can help, it will be a pleasure since I always really liked all the art that @Bigtiger created.

I have the same opinion.

• 5 months later...