Siege unit

I think that you should implent a turning animation for the big unit as siege tower , Ram , Catapulte Etc. 
Why ? : Because it make no sense that a big siege towers can turn as fast as a unit, That make no sense but also make it very hard to counter. It should take like 2-3 second to turn 180°degree that would make more sense and give a chance to ground unit to counter them. If you think about it some Civ Dosnt have Cav Sword and relie on swordman or ram to destroy those. But if you think about it Siege tower can just kite those to the death.

In my humble opignons that would make the game more realistic and even more fun to play. It just a idea, Think about it. -MorTak

The main issue with doing that is that it would depend on the pathfinder algorithm which is currently still a work in progress and the main cause of lag in the game so doing the direction transition requires lots of calculation therefore increasing that lag and the lag is what most players actually complain about.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

Ships need this way more than seige. But as explained, it might not be worth it.

First of all, everything about the current pathfinder is implemented with "shortest distance" in mind. It would require significant changes. A curve itself would be somewhat mathematically intensive but on top of that the curve needs to avoid all obstacles.

You might have seen the plane or the bird. Both have turn radiuses. But neither does any pathfinding. They just move oblivious to the environment. Just putting this out here to answer the question of "why the plane but not a ship/siege."

29 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

After reading your post again, I am getting the idea that you meant it as stationary rotation (?). In which case, the situation would be entirely different.

Ah, right, I don't think we have something that define rotation speed. But then again, a slow rotation against a straight line would curve it right ? Unless the thing rotates then moves. Which may or may not look weird.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MorTak said:

I think that you should implent a turning animation for the big unit as siege tower , Ram , Catapulte Etc. 
Why ? : Because it make no sense that a big siege towers can turn as fast as a unit, That make no sense but also make it very hard to counter. It should take like 2-3 second to turn 180°degree that would make more sense and give a chance to ground unit to counter them. If you think about it some Civ Dosnt have Cav Sword and relie on swordman or ram to destroy those. But if you think about it Siege tower can just kite those to the death.

In my humble opignons that would make the game more realistic and even more fun to play. It just a idea, Think about it. -MorTak

funny you started saying how op siege towers are after I smashed you hard

yeah thats entirely why you want siege nerfed this much, while you try to dance with cav hero everytime just before battle starts. dancing is way way way more unrealistic than siege towers issue.

but thats not an 'unrealism' issue for you because dancing is something you can employ in your favorite civ while siege tower strat is not

and catapults are easy to catch due to slow packing/unpacking. no need to make it easier

Edited by thankforpie
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...