===[TASK]=== 0 A.D Ships Update.

1 hour ago, Sundiata said:

Yes, I know... If we strip everything that isn't exclusively Roman, we'd have no Romans... 

Considering the Romans actually used Pegasus as a symbol themselves, including for one of their legions (III Augusta), it really wouldn't be a shame... It's just to add variation to the sails. I'm not totally happy with how it turned out, style-wise, that's why I was looking at Roman depictions of Pegasus. I liked the coin of Roma and the chariot in one of your links, so I might look at that.

Romulus and Remus with the wolf was already planned. 

Perhaps other people would also prefer to ignore the Roman Pegasus and make a Greek Pegasos for the Athenian sails instead, let me know. I'm not one to ignore things because they don't fit our preconceptions, but maybe you guys prefer it for distinguishing purposes?  

More appropriate Roman symbols are always super welcome though!

you are making Imperial Romans or Republicans?

I thought they were making the Romans from the republican age, not from the Augustus era until the Flavian dynasty.

• It would look better for a Siracusan faction. 

Resultado de imagen para syracusan pegasus

42 minutes ago, Diatryma said:

you are making Imperial Romans or Republicans?

I thought they were making the Romans from the republican age, not from the Augustus era until the Flavian dynasty.

• It would look better for a Siracusan faction. 

The Republic indeed... Why do you think they didn't use Pegasus during the Republic? 

We don't have a Syracusan faction. Also Syracuse (Sicily, Italy) was part of the Roman Republic from 212 BC onwards.  

Edited by Sundiata

7 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

The Republic indeed... Why do you think they didn't use Pegasus during the Republic? 

We don't have a Syracusan faction. Also Syracuse (Sicily, Italy) was part of the Roman Republic from 212 BC onwards.  

shields, yes , coins, yes.... sails with SPQR (?)

image.png.09f0aa0de156e314505da08475e6d879.png

1 minute ago, Diatryma said:

shields, yes , coins, yes.... sails with SPQR (?)

The ships in 0AD all have different symbols in player color decorating the sails of their ships to help make them more recognizable in game. In reality, I'm pretty sure most sails were completely undecorated. I already made the eagle with SPQR, but we need some variation. That's why I've been asking people in the community to provide some accurate Roman symbols for sail decoration, because I'm not an expert. The wolf is coming up. But I'd like at least 3 different symbols. 

52 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

The ships in 0AD all have different symbols in player color decorating the sails of their ships to help make them more recognizable in game. In reality, I'm pretty sure most sails were completely undecorated. I already made the eagle with SPQR, but we need some variation. That's why I've been asking people in the community to provide some accurate Roman symbols for sail decoration, because I'm not an expert. The wolf is coming up. But I'd like at least 3 different symbols. 

Here some proposition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_currency#/media/File:Aes_Signatum.jpg

Janus double-face from a Aes grave: https://img.ma-shops.com/goduto/pic/906_z_712_ae_grave.jpg

Open hands from an Aes grave: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Aes_Grave_Quadrans3.jpg

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

I believe the (white) design on the sails should be underneath the ropes that form the grid on top of the sails. Your other images (with a blue sail design) already have this though, so I'm not sure if it is just an issue with that particular image.

the image is very detailed, for the place where they want to use it.

Just had a look, and while this is really nice I must say the Kushite boats look too big compared to the other ship, they make the quinquereme look small. They could probably use some props to make them look less bland as well. Otherwise great job.

• Didn't check the indentations, but pretty sure you should
  • Make sure to update the boats templates accordingly, some boats have become bigger.

57 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Not a great fan of the wolf maybe if it was inside out 

@Alexandermb, nice. I think like Stanislas is saying, the wolf would look better with a player color filling. It doesn't matter if it looses some of the details from the lines. Check:

A-Roman-Quinquereme.jpg.edd8fa1abe42dc20f248a1fa6950074c.jpg

I still need to get a better Pegasus done...

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1