O.A.D closes unexpectedly

bhiza

When I'm playing in "one player" mode, it has happened to me twice that the game closes without any type of error, it simply closes.

I have an Ubuntu operating system 18.04 and I have never had this type of error with any other application. I have an Intel® Core™
i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz × 4, an Intel® Sandybridge Desktop graphic and 4Gb of RAM.

what will happen? Please, if there is an administrator who can answer in Spanish it would be much better, since it is my native language.

There is no crash file. 
As I said, when the game closed unexpectedly, no error was shown, it was simply closed.
It has happened to me twice during the first hours of having installed the game.
I will try lowering the resolution options, but it is strange since my computer should support a game with these characteristics

@bhiza since you on Ubuntu the place to look for the log files is actually in a hidden folder so make sure your file browser is set to show hidden files it will then be at the address /home/username/.config/.0ad/logs the dot in front of a folder name means that it is hidden on both Linux and OSX.

Enjoy the Choice :)

On 10/18/2018 at 11:28 AM, bhiza said:

When I'm playing in "one player" mode, it has happened to me twice that the game closes without any type of error, it simply closes.

I have an Ubuntu operating system 18.04 and I have never had this type of error with any other application. I have an Intel® Core™
i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz × 4, an Intel® Sandybridge Desktop graphic and 4Gb of RAM.

what will happen? Please, if there is an administrator who can answer in Spanish it would be much better, since it is my native language.

Probaste desabilitar los graficos avanzados?

image.png.a4a1b01d704a8c58706d894e4644e40a.png

los gráficos GLSL siempre son los responsables de la mayoria de crasheos. seria bueno explicar con detalle que era lo que hacias a la hora del error., cuando paso...etc etc.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 3:05 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Probaste desabilitar los graficos avanzados?

image.png.a4a1b01d704a8c58706d894e4644e40a.png

los gráficos GLSL siempre son los responsables de la mayoria de crasheos. seria bueno explicar con detalle que era lo que hacias a la hora del error., cuando paso...etc etc.

Si ! Finalmente desactive algunas de las características gráficas más pesadas para el PC y no he tenido problemas desde entonces.  Cualquier novedad volveré a escribir.

Muchas gracias!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

it was fixed, the problem was the graphics GLSL.

Hoy nuevamente se cerró inesperadamente. Estuve jugando alrededor de 1 hora y en un momento el juego se pegó por unos segundos y se cerró sin ningún mensaje de error. 

¿Donde puedo encontrar el "mainlog" para poder mostrarlo?

17 hours ago, Imarok said:

The next time it crashes, please post the mainlog before you start the game again. (Each start of 0ad overrides the old mainlogs)

Where can I find the mainlog. I was looking in the application folder in "Equipo/snap/0ad"

1 hour ago, bhiza said:

Hoy nuevamente se cerró inesperadamente. Estuve jugando alrededor de 1 hora y en un momento el juego se pegó por unos segundos y se cerró sin ningún mensaje de error. 

¿Donde puedo encontrar el "mainlog" para poder mostrarlo?

Depende del sistema operativo, pero si tienes Windows en el menu de escritorio hay un acceso para abrir esa carpeta. "open logs folder"

aqui dejo más información.

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths