Troll players aiming to mantain 100% win ratio.

Leofreitas

Good night all! 

I want to tell you a little story:

Tonight was my first time playing multiplayer with friends, and a random player joined our lobby, named "GVIT".
He seemed like a nice guy, talked to us, picked a team and we started the match. 

40 minutes in, me and a friend are attacking GVIT's base. He then proceeds to PAUSE the game. We were all new to the multiplayer experience and we didnt know what was going on. If he was lagging, or if he was going to be afk for a bit. 5 minutes of paused time and no answer, some of my friends started to leave. I then checked GVIT's playerprofile on the lobby screen and checked he had 7 games and 7 wins, 100% ratio. I soon began thinking that he had paused the game only to mantain this ratio, making other players quit so he could win. I was the host, and started searching online on methods to kick/ban him. 

All my friends left the game, and once it was a 1v1 with me he decided to unpause the game. But I was about to win, my troops storming his base and he paused again. I then found out what the command to ban a player was "/ban <playername>". This wasnt very intuitive because i had to inlcude his RATING in his name, so to ban him only "/ban GVIT (1433)" worked, which was a bit confusing. After I banned him, I wanted to destroy all his stuff only so he could be defeated, but realized all my friend's stuff had turned into Gaia and started attacking me. One part of me really wanted to destroy everything on the map, just so he could loose, but I didnt know if that was going to change his ratio or not, and it was getting late and I was tired. So I quit the game, and see that he, annoyingly, still mantain his 100% win ratio. 
image.thumb.png.5953784f9239148c05bff9991c9d4776.png
This is a bummer, first time playing multiplayer and its a troll. Not sure if this is common or not but tools to combat this would be nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leofreitas said:

This wasnt very intuitive because i had to inlcude his RATING in his name, so to ban him only "/ban GVIT (1433)" worked

Pressing tab after typing out the first letter would autocomplete the player name with the rating.

9 hours ago, thankforpie said:

Only 1v1 games will be counted to profile stats.

Hovewer If he has 100% winrate  and its 7:0 then its likely hes a smurf, i maitain 50% winrate as non-multi-account and I tryhard to win a lot, lol(or he plays only against newcomers)

I see, I thought any played games would count for the stats, but not for rank

12 hours ago, Leofreitas said:

I soon began thinking that he had paused the game only to mantain this ratio, making other players quit so he could win. I was the host, and started searching online on methods to kick/ban him. 

Your win ratio and consequent rating changes only in a 1v1 rated game, not for a team game, even if rated. So maybe he is only a great @#&#&%$, not a quitter to ban from lobby (I understand anyway if you banned him from game, you did well ;)

Edited by Jofursloft

I am sorry to hear you had to deal with such a troll especially him being nice at the start. I do not trust a lot of people in life lol Us Norwegians tend keep to ourselves,and are considered shy by tourists and visitours but when you get to know us better,and you earn our trust, we are your best friend.

I had an even worse experience playing multi-player with my husband,and two friends from where I live. Everything is going great,and these two guys we end up playing with from the USA are sweet as salty licorice,and they get along real good with my husband. So we are having fun,and into the match when all of a sudden one of them gets real mad after I attack his base,and told me I am a girl that has something to prove lol I just ignore them until he keeps it up telling me I sound sexy,and he wants to date me right in front of my husband. So I tell him no,and don't ask again because my husband doesn't appreciate it. So he told me about his experience in Iceland where Scandinavian girls thought they were goddesses,and if you were not on their level you were nothing,and he resented blonde Scandinavian women. So I told him that was Iceland silly, and I am from Norway,and we are not all stuck up.

So he started telling me I only care about money because my nation owns oil lol I am a dairy farmer :D So far from a capitalist that loves oil. Want some cheese with that wine ? So me and my hubby an friends decided to finish the game. Yes we won lol They were talking,crying and gloating so much they were not paying attention to getting attacked lol}

There are a lot of jerks on MMOs lol Especially if you are winning a game :P It seems a lot can't just have fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Astrid said:

I am sorry to hear you had to deal with such a troll especially him being nice at the start. I do not trust a lot of people in life lol Us Norwegians tend keep to ourselves,and are considered shy by tourists and visitours but when you get to know us better,and you earn our trust, we are your best friend.

I had an even worse experience playing multi-player with my husband,and two friends from where I live. Everything is going great,and these two guys we end up playing with from the USA are sweet as salty licorice,and they get along real good with my husband. So we are having fun,and into the match when all of a sudden one of them gets real mad after I attack his base,and told me I am a girl that has something to prove lol I just ignore them until he keeps it up telling me I sound sexy,and he wants to date me right in front of my husband. So I tell him no,and don't ask again because my husband doesn't appreciate it. So he told me about his experience in Iceland where Scandinavian girls thought they were goddesses,and if you were not on their level you were nothing,and he resented blonde Scandinavian women. So I told him that was Iceland silly, and I am from Norway,and we are not all stuck up.

So he started telling me I only care about money because my nation owns oil lol I am a dairy farmer :D So far from a capitalist that loves oil. Want some cheese with that wine ? So me and my hubby an friends decided to finish the game. Yes we won lol They were talking,crying and gloating so much they were not paying attention to getting attacked lol}

There are a lot of jerks on MMOs lol Especially if you are winning a game :P It seems a lot can't just have fun.

just mute these guys next time gg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thankforpie said:

just mute these guys next time gg

Don't worry I just got a laugh out of it lol It was so funny hearing them insult,cry,and moan while we were destroying their faction lol You hear "Scandinavian girls are snobs" and next minute their barracks is to the ground so I just thought keep going on,and keep talking rubbish because it's great to see you lose the match lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jeez, so many weirdo's... I haven't been playing alpha 23 online, but I played a bunch of MP-games the previous alpha, and my lord, so many weirdo's. I had lots of fun as well of course, but literally more than half of my 1V1 games, the host cut the connection when I was overrunning their base... The games often start out casual enough. A little chit chat... Nothing out of the ordinary, and then when they start loosing, they go quiet... You still see them making moves, trying not to get slaughtered, and then bam, connection lost... It's not like I was only playing noobs. Sometimes I did, but I'd help them, even if they were my opponent, I'd give them tips on what to do and what not, some insights into the mechanics, and I'd play casually, allowing them to build and attack. We'd both end up having fun while the newbie is learning. But the ones that are all about the rating sometimes start out arrogant, trying to trigger you... When you stay calm and don't respond to the trolling, they get even more upset, and then when they see they've lost, they really loose it... 

I've had a lot of weird experiences. People would ask me where I'm from, then ban me the moment I answer... This happened often. Maybe they assumed slow internet, which could happen, not lying, but almost always, lag was coming from another player, and when I play with guys with good connection, I hardly ever have any problems at all... I've had some N-words thrown at me (although that didn't happen often) and I've had people unhappy about "allowing an African" in team-games. I remember annihilating a guy like that in a team-game, he got even angrier about an African in the game and started saying no-one should allow Africans in their games because we "eat cats", and then ranted a little about muslims... I don't eat cats by the way (nor do I know anybody personally that does), and I'm not muslim either, although I don't understand what would be the problem. I know plenty of delightful muslims. Either way, totally irrelevant, right? I've played in games where the host bans his own allies because they weren't playing the way he wanted them to play... I mean, jeez... Or those guys that change the settings last minute right when every-one else clicked stay ready, to suit their own personal preference. Or those simpletons that blame everyone else for their own short-commings and start hurling insults in all directions. I wonder if they cry themselves to sleep after checking the summery statistics... 

It's amazing how uncivilized some people can be, playing a game of ancient civilizations...

Anyway, I guess that's the internet for ya... One of the reasons I'd like to see more in-depth SP mechanics. The AI has much better manners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Most often, you can assume that lower ranked players would quit (not all ofcourse). I have not encountered or read a report about anyone above 1500 quitting. (maybe its because at that point, all other regular players would be kinda like “friends” and you don’t need points as a measure of skill)

1 hour ago, Rolf Dew said:

The multiplayer community is so toxic sometimes, it gives the rest of us a bad name. Is it so hard to just play and get along. 

Yeah, exactly...

To be fair, I've had loads of fun as well, and had more positive experiences than negative. We're just more sensitive to negative occurrences, and the quitters are a little too regular to ignore.

4 hours ago, (-_-) said:

Most often, you can assume that lower ranked players would quit (not all ofcourse). I have not encountered or read a report about anyone above 1500 quitting. (maybe its because at that point, all other regular players would be kinda like “friends” and you don’t need points as a measure of skill)

Sure, but it's not always easy to get into those epic team-games (especially if you looked at my rating), and although it's nice to play with people you "know", it's also nice to play with random strangers (why does that sound so wrong?). In the 1V1 games, somebody would usually ask me if i wanted to play, and if I said yes, more than 50% chance they'd intentionally break the connection when loosing. I couldn't host games myself for some reason, so that's why I was at the mercy of those guys. I should try hosting myself again... 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Yeah, exactly...

To be fair, I've had loads of fun as well, and had more positive experiences than negative. We're just more sensitive to negative occurrences, and the quitters are a little too regular to ignore.

Sure, but it's not always easy to get into those epic team-games (especially if you looked at my rating), and although it's nice to play with people you "know", it's also nice to play with random strangers (why does that sound so wrong?). In the 1V1 games, somebody would usually ask me if i wanted to play, and if I said yes, more than 50% chance they'd intentionally break the connection when loosing. I couldn't host games myself for some reason, so that's why I was at the mercy of those guys. I should try hosting myself again... 

yes people below 1400 like to not resign. and just pretend they are losing net in one way or another (eg launching torrents or taking net cable out) just play 1v1 with people you trust until theres more automatic ban system for leavers and non-resigners.  (also, what does it hurtif you lose 10 points? skill will help you get it back)

teamgames are waymore fun anyway

• Like 2

Many people just pause the game and annoy them to quit. I am not sure if he really managed to pause the game to win because there is a possibility that he might only fight against newbies to win. Because some people are to weak to show even some competation to even newbies as they are rusty or to noob to learn. He might have won some matches against those and became so proud to lose that he started pausing GB the game. And you can't ban him as he didn't quit. You should have taken serious and ban him earlier ( you did well to ban) but little earlier was better. And many people are like that guy banning them is the only way. :mellow:

• Like 1

I love playing with people that I know,people I am close with,and can laugh with. If I make a mistake I will  joke about it as my friends will joke about it, and I than I will learn what I did wrong. and how I will learn faster with patient people than elitist. Even when I am with elitist I laugh anyways :D

You can let your hair down,and go in a match and your husband/mate or friends will be there for you while you are moving up the ranks,and learning. It's so boring playing with too serious people. I am one that loves to go wild,and I make fun out of everything I do. Even working on my farm I try to make fun out of it lol Especially milking cows Laugh and smile and life is so much better 

• Like 2

What I really can't stand when I am playing a MMO/RTS/RPG online with English speakers is they ask me "why don't you speak perfect English" ? To start I can speak enough English to have a conversation with an English speaking person. I learned English in school from the time I was little, but I didn't feel it was necessary to learn "perfect" and "all" English because I am Norwegian,and I live in Norway,and I do fine around here in this little village of Hordaland lol Who else lives here ? Yes we do have a diversity of people that live here now as I am not full Norwegian myself,my mum is full swedish {Yes I can speak Swedish also}. I am a 50/50 lol

So I get rude players telling me the only good thing about my accent is it is cute. So I start talking my language and their shocked at how powerful/valiant/and crisp I really speak lol I still don't know every word on English perfect,and sometimes I have to ask "what is that word you say in English that means "to be arrogant" ? I don't have my vowels down perfect,and why should I ? 

So yes there are the people that call you "Euro Trash" when you don't agree with them lol What does "Euro trash" mean anyways ? Last time I looked in the mirriour I seen a very clean,and hard working Norwegian.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 11:10 PM, Thorrky said:

People doing this in games used to really get under my skin but, honestly, I now just feel embarrassed for that person - it's actually quite cringe-worthy to react to defeat like a kid would :wacko:.

You've still beaten them: you know it... they know it...

Yeah but he still skins a person by pausing the game and make resign to leave and winning (if they want a fast game ):glare:

I despise games that are very popular because you get the most spoiled people :D Especially the players that think they are entitled to items just because they play more than others. I play this MMO game called Gloria Victis,and for an alpha indie game there sure are a lot of whiners/gloaters. This game is not even near finished,and polished and has a lot of desyncing,and the combat and PVP still has bugs that give players an advantage in pvp. There is always that exploiter that won't repourt a bug so he uses it to cheat,and ruins the fun for everyone. The population is not the highest but on certains times of the day you will have a good battle with enough people,especially on the European server.

People can be annoying lol I live in a happy/peaceful village,and I am not used to spoiled gloaters,selfsh people. Here there is not even territourial claim and a  I can pick berries on any piece of land and it isn't considered someone's property. I can never stand entitlement.