How to boom with gauls

Jofursloft

I decide to upload here this video to help noob/low/medium level players to obtain a very good population boom in a short time. Here you have a gaul boom with:

1. 300 population in 14 minutes
  2. Will to fight at minute 15:30
  3. All main militar upgrades within minute 15:30 (all armor upgrades, all ranged fight upgrades)
  4. Wonder (without upgrade unluckely)
  5. All main economy upgrades (all wood upgrades, all field upgrades, berry upgrade, 2° stone and metal upgrade)
  6. 4 Barracks total (maybe in late game you can make more)
  7. No team bonuses, as you can see in the screenshot     

screenshot0177.png.e106ab9038920811ca93b50f63c3f088.png

I decided not to train more than 57 women and make some men at beginning to counter a possible small rush.

At the end my army composition is 30 spearmen + 62 skirmishers + 62 slingers + 4 rams

I'm sorry for the upload inconvenience, but I didn't notice my microphone was on so I had to delete some embarassing voices xd

Edited by Jofursloft
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thankforpie said:

on your kushites video you make your first army units at 7:30 - isnt that too late ?

It is absolutely too late. In fact, I specified that you CAN'T obtain 300 population in 15 minutes (without extra berries, treasures or hunt) making soldiers to counter a rush: that's completely impossible. I made that video just for fun, maybe it's useful for a team game, but surely that strat is a complete suicide in a 1v1 match

Here is a more realistic build order with an explanation of how to do it (I know this number can be improved because I did it once in about 14:30 with a similar build order, so tweak the build order around to maximize your build). There is also thread out there with how quick you can reach max pop too, but I think most people cheated and did it with all women (not that it would've made a difference after like 100 pop). 

Edited by chrstgtr

1 hour ago, chrstgtr said:

Here is a more realistic build order with an explanation of how to do it (I know this number can be improved because I did it once in about 14:30 with a similar build order, so tweak the build order around to maximize your build). There is also thread out there with how quick you can reach max pop too, but I think most people cheated and did it with all women (not that it would've made a difference after like 100 pop). 

More realistic build order?

1. You reach P3 minute 16:30
  2. You have 12 fields that is an esageration
  3. With 10 barracks you will finish your resources in 1 minute
  4. He didn't get armor and fight upgrades
  5. That is Alpha21

Please explain me @chrstgtr what is more realistic in this video (and also more effective) respect to my one.

What a pity! I really have to point out some things:

1. I was playing in a normal map, like in that video, and there is somethin glike 5% probability a player rushes you in that map size
  2. If the player rushed me, anyway, I had 8 men to counter it (enough for 8-10 cavs)
  3. "I decide to upload here this video to help noob/low/medium level players to obtain a very good population boom in a short time" As you can clearly read my purpose was to create a video to show how to obtain 300 pop in a really short time, not to give a strat for a 1v1
  4. If you like I have no problems to make a video in which I reach comfortably 300 pop in 15 minutes with britons and 10-20 men at beginning to counter a rush
  5. I make you notice that the guy in that video starts obtain the first men at minute five, that is the deadline minute for a rush, while I obtain mine at minute 3
  6. What rush can you counter than with 10 men at minute 5 when a usual 15 cav rush comes at minute 4? 
Edited by Jofursloft

Chill, dude. Nothing is capital 'w' Wrong with your video. 

Alekesu posted a video to help teach players how to boom and be less vulnerable to rush. 

1-I assume both videos were made with the intent of teach and there was no opponent so map size is irrelevant.

2-If a player did an early rush of you with men then you did not have enough men to counter. If someone did an early rush on you with cav you could not counter. If a player did a cav harass on all your berries (which alekesu did not have) you would've lost all food production and many women (and therefore the game).

3-Great--that is why I posted the video. 

4-No thanks, Alekesu already made one.

5-This is factually untrue. I've also never heard of a deadline for a rush. 

6-I never knew all rushes come with 15 cav at minute 4.

More to the point--there are multiple boom strategies. I personally think Alekesu posted a very good tutorial that is a better for learners (because he didn't have the berries you did, he explains what he does, and it is at worst arguably a better boom to defend rushes with). 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrstgtr said:

2-If a player did an early rush of you with men then you did not have enough men to counter. If someone did an early rush on you with cav you could not counter. If a player did a cav harass on all your berries (which alekesu did not have) you would've lost all food production and many women (and therefore the game).

And you think Alekusu could counter a cav rush? He would have lost his units at wood

4-No thanks, Alekesu already made one.

He has no men to counter a rush at beginning

5-This is factually untrue. I've also never heard of a deadline for a rush. 

Minute 4: a good player can rush you with 10-15 cavs. Minute 5: they can be 15-20 cavs. Minute 6-7-8-etc the player will do more units (cavs or not), so with deadline for a rush I mean that if you are lucky not to be rushed at minute 4 having no men (as you can see in Alekusu video), you can be killed later with even more units to counter

6-I never knew all rushes come with 15 cav at minute 4.

I used 15 cavs to suppose the easiest attack to counter: you prefer 30-40 men minute 6?

and it is at worst arguably a better boom to defend rushes with

Already said he can't counter a rush

To conclude, I make you notice he makes the first men at minute 5  and we are talking about 2 different civilizations, britons and gauls (with britons is easier to counter a rush). Do you prefer a video with britons and no berries? Here you have, man

• Like 1