Difference Between Gauls and Briton Civilizations.

Altrine

"Ulimate guide on how to get very good with Britons really fast" in the topic by amadues.

He showed how to win as Briton Civilization in 1v1 in a quick manner.

I have be wondering if someone could do the same a Gauls and the advantages and disadvantages and differences between Briton and Gaul Civilization.

The major advantages which shows Gaul a better civilization than Briton.

And as Gauls and Ptolemies are better in booming , i would also like to know which of these civilizations are better in 1v1.

Because of Briton being insuperior in later game . I will also like to know if the Gauls are the same and the technoligical upgrades we must do in the game.

Anyone is welcome to answer these questions post any other questions related to it, if the answers or questions are accurate and sutible to the questions asked.

I thank in advance for any answers given to my questions

• Thanks 1

@Altrine There are many big differences:

1. As Thankforpie said the heroes are different, cause Gauls have a very good hero for the fight (+25% damage for soldiers) and a good one for eco (+15 metal every enemy unit killed). On the other hand, britons too have two hero for the fight: Cunobellio (+0.8 life points every second for nearby units) and Caratacos (+15% speed and +1 armor for soldiers and engines). I personally think that Gauls heroes are better
  2. gauls have skirmishers instead of slingers at beginning, that are faster in moving. This causes less time to go to bring the wood to the storehouse.
  3. gauls have naked fanatics (very fast unit good for rush in early game trainable in P2), while Britons have war dogs (good to kill the alone enemy women, but weak in the frontal fight against the men)
  4. Britons have the Crannog, that is very useful in naval maps, while gauls not
  5. All eco and about all fight upgrades are the same for EVERY civilization in 0ad

You made a mistake: Gauls are better for the late game, because they are faster in booming and they have better heroes. Britons, instead, are better in early game, for a rush for example (I said they are op in late game respect to other civilizations)

• Thanks 1

Thank you Joursloft for the recap between them. I would also like to know because both have same Health for forts 3340 and even though the Gaulish Infantry is very fast there is a time gap to rush ( as Britons are good in rushing against very new players). And would also like you if you could show us a video As Booming with Gauls. 

Thank you again. 

• Like 1

Okay,  I am waiting for them. I and I also learnt that the naked fanatic of the Gauls are really very helpful to ambush an oppenent into meele combat and kill them with Slingers. But playing more than 40 minutes game with Gauls might lose you the game as their building HP are also low and hack armour are also low. 

Thank you. 

How to boom with Britons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWX8tzh2FKM

How to boom with Gauls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ab_Si0UHQ

1 hour ago, Altrine said:

But playing more than 40 minutes game with Gauls might lose you the game as their building HP are also low and hack armour are also low. 

The strenght of celtic civs is absolutely not in the defense. If you are doing a turtle game you will probably lose. Their strenght is in their army: they are aggressive civilizations, not defense one

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jofursloft said:

The strenght of celtic civs is absolutely not in the defense. If you are doing a turtle game you will probably lose. Their strenght is in their army: they are aggressive civilizations, not defense one

Thanks for that Boom with Links. If you lose one attack with Gauls you lose if he Attacks without a pause eaisly. Their Defense is weak and we must always have resources to run the frontline troops and resupply them.

• Like 1