Persian Translation completed (Translation / Review )

dmzerocold

FYI, Translation of Persian language completed ! (review / translation)... Farsi voice already shared :) , up to you if you want to use them or not.

if you decided to use them, then after you provided a version that has (Persian translation / voice) then i can help to review them on real game environment (in action)

If there is any question or if you need a native Persian person to help for Persian translation / voice .. or any question regarding Persian history , dont hesitate to contact me :) 

Wish you best of luck! Your work is inspirational ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, destro said:

the persian woman citizen's voice too?? im sorry but are u male or female??

Male voice is for me , Female voice another person not me :) 

17 minutes ago, destro said:

and every single persian unit's voice is different or same??

Currently action + gender is matter, means if you have a soldier and command him to gather food then system use "I will gather food"-Male voice ... but we can have more than 1 file ... for example :

Action: command to gather food + Citizen soldier 

"Persian_Male_I_will_gather_food_1.ogg"

"Persian_Male_I_will_gather_food_2.ogg"

"Persian_Male_I_will_gather_food_3.ogg"

"Persian_Male_I_will_gather_food_4.ogg"

Then system randomly can select one of them :) same action different voice 

Check this topic, the new voice list structure that i proposed may help you for better understanding (note: it is not implemented)

Edited by dmzerocold
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Syrian women and natives from Seleucid non greek. probably other factions units. like Judean slingers.

Unfortunately i cannot help with this language, and you have a valid concern

Although Seleucid's language was Greek , but people used their own language which was mostly Old Persians / Arameans / Avesta etc....  and same case for Ptolemaic ...

I think closest language to Arameans language at the moment is Hebrew (maybe im wrong), maybe we can use that?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, oddchild said:

I haven't gotten to listen yet but did you avoid modern arabic borrow words since the game time period would be before Islamic influence on the language?

it is not Old Persian, this language is dead (long before Arab invasion), Arab invasion influenced Middle Persian. it is current Persian but i used some words which are related to Old Persian 

for example:

for Hello , i used "Salam" and "Dorood" / "Farmanbordaram"... first one is so common now with Arabic background and Second/third one are pure Old Persian not common BUT people know it and understand it

Or i used "Farman" --> command / order , this one is also very old but still use in current Persian ...

Ideally we need Old Persian , but this language is dead and even if we can find a person who can speak this language no one can understand it ... so available alternative and close to old Persian is current Persian + some ancient words that still exist ... 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dmzerocold said:

Ideally we need Old Persian

that is true that it is dead but even if nobody exists that can speak that language we have written scripts and sometimes even whole phonetic (pronunciations) studies from universities how it was pronounced so we almost always work with languages that are dead so we pronounce as it might have been pronounced. 

1 minute ago, asterix said:

that is true that it is dead but even if nobody exists that can speak that language we have written scripts and sometimes even whole phonetic (pronunciations) studies from universities how it was pronounced so we almost always work with languages that are dead so we pronounce as it might have been pronounced. 

Yeah ... its really sad to see these languages are dead... just imagine if they had camera / digital knowledge to record everything and now we could have access to them , it was wonderfull,

When i was in Seoul (South Korea) , there was a very nice/amazing place .... check below

https://www.360cities.net/image/seouls-thousand-year-time-capsule-square-namsangol-hanok-village

• Like 1