In-game question

dmzerocold

Hello Guys

Could you please explain to me how can i do these?

1) Bribe enemy unit

2) Corall elephants / other animals

For example in these texts it is mentioned:

The resource cost of training camel-mounted (trader) or horse-mounted units (cavalry) is reduced by 5% per animal (as appropriate) corralled.

Or

Can capture Gaia elephants and garrison them into a corral to reduce training costs for War Elephants.

When right click on them , my units kill them for food

3) in game , when carthage build a wall and upgrade it to Rubble material / Geometric masonry , then for new walls how can i change it? for example i want to build a wall with rubble material and another wall with geometric , can you please explain if its possible to switch ?

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by dmzerocold

18 minutes ago, dmzerocold said:

1) Bribe enemy unit

partly possible, for now only for traders https://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/19247

19 minutes ago, dmzerocold said:

2) Corall elephants / other animals

For example in these texts it is mentioned:

The resource cost of training camel-mounted (trader) or horse-mounted units (cavalry) is reduced by 5% per animal (as appropriate) corralled.

Or

Can capture Gaia elephants and garrison them into a corral to reduce training costs for War Elephants.

When right click on them , my units kill them for food

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/search?q=capture+gaia+animals&noquickjump=1&changeset=on&milestone=on&ticket=on&wiki=on 

not implemented yet (did not find a ticket for it in link above)

1 minute ago, asterix said:

no, it is in-line with design documents with each civ plus with things that were implemented in the meantime.

So it means we are going to have them for in future release for example in A24 ,  

Do i need to mention it on translation text ? or translate it as it is , assuming it will include in later phase

Just now, dmzerocold said:

So it means we are going to have them for in future release for example in A24 ,  

Do i need to mention it on translation text ? or translate it as it is , assuming it will include in later phase

Just translate as it is I guess. I think thats how its done for other languages too.

37 minutes ago, dmzerocold said:

3) in game , when carthage build a wall and upgrade it to Rubble material / Geometric masonry , then for new walls how can i change it? for example i want to build a wall with rubble material and another wall with geometric , can you please explain if its possible to switch ?

well i think that the answer you will find in techs and templates of  certain  buildings e.g.   when the tech is global it will affect all same buildings that are  specified in the description or if it  is local it will affect only that one building all this info is written in source code in the specific templates what affects them   https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/structures?rev=21796

5 minutes ago, asterix said:

well i think that the answer you will find in techs and templates of  certain  buildings e.g.   when the tech is global it will affect all same buildings that are  specified in the description or if it  is local it will affect only that one building all this info is written in source code in the specific templates what affects them   https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/structures?rev=21796

Ok so because it is global , you have to decide 1 time ,  so not possible to change it.. if you go for 1 style you have to stick to it ... but maybe not a a bad idea to let player decide based on the game situation

Also FYI, this upgrade doesn't impact the armor of wall (at it intention to) , at least not in details page of wall 

15 minutes ago, dmzerocold said:

Ok so because it is global , you have to decide 1 time ,  so not possible to change it.. if you go for 1 style you have to stick to it

correct

15 minutes ago, dmzerocold said:

Also FYI, this upgrade doesn't impact the armor of wall (at it intention to) , at least not in details page of wall 

civ specific technologies  you can find here   https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/data/technologies/carthaginians?rev=21796

6 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

guys , the game is in early stage yet. you can check missing mayor features, unit conversion is one of those.

Acknowledged , first 2 questions is clear for me now, 3rd one is not yet, apparently this upgrade is not working for "crush armor" ... if its a bug , then do we need to have a ticket for it ?

34 minutes ago, dmzerocold said:

Acknowledged , first 2 questions is clear for me now, 3rd one is not yet, apparently this upgrade is not working for "crush armor" ... if its a bug , then do we need to have a ticket for it ?

Not really a bug (atleast not with the tech). The ingame template details viewer doesnt update with technologies researched or team bonuses.

2 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

Not really a bug (atleast not with the tech). The ingame template details viewer doesnt update with technologies researched or team bonuses.

OK , so details page is not updated , for these 2 upgrade case ... 

to be sure later today i will test in action :) 1 catapult vs 1 Carthage wall and lets see, will update you here 

• 2 years later...