How to avoid archers from shooting siege machines and buildings?

thankforpie

I lose about 30-80% firepower every teamfight because my archers think its okay to atk siege machines.

How to prevent it? usually when I notice they attack wrong thing my army is already half  dead. more over, i choose them to attack one of enemy archers, and they take time to start attacking him (note a lot ofarrows are wasted on dead target simply because they all shot in the same time) and then when that archer is finished about 50% ofthem attacks machines again instead of enemy human units.

howto prevent attackign machines and buildings?

In reality, archers, like every ranged or melee unit, are programmed to attack only the organic enemy units in their range. If there are no enemy units they anyway don't try to destroy a building or a siege weapon, but to conquer it. So, the only one way to attack a building or a siege weapon for your archers is to receive that order from you. Maybe the problem is that you expose your archers (a quite weak unit in armor) to catapults/bolt shooters fire or buildings' arrow range.

• Like 2

The only way to be sure that your units will always be fighting and won't try to capture buildings, siege weaponry or just being idle is to put a patrol point (by holding 'P') behind the enemy army or using the attack move Ctrl + Q + Right Click behind enemy army (don't know how good it really is, because it takes too much effort to actually click the buttons, but should be the same as patrol). That way even if no enemies are in the vision range they'll keep moving toward enemy units and attacking the ones in range.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ValihrAnt said:

The only way to be sure that your units will always be fighting and won't try to capture buildings, siege weaponry or just being idle is to put a patrol point (by holding 'P') behind the enemy army or using the attack move Ctrl + Q + Right Click behind enemy army (don't know how good it really is, because it takes too much effort to actually click the buttons, but should be the same as patrol). That way even if no enemies are in the vision range they'll keep moving toward enemy units and attacking the ones in range.

the ctrl Q right click work most of the time(sometime bugged they will go capturing or not return fire even getting hit...)
thx for the patrol tips

I actually want to know is there some way they will just hitting the closest thing in range and not go in capture anything/or a destroy mode that kill anything even gaia building.lose too many troop because they go in for catpure/I have to keep pulling army back and telling them to attack the next target

21 minutes ago, greedisgood500 said:

I actually want to know is there some way they will just hitting the closest thing in range and not go in capture anything/or a destroy mode that kill anything even gaia building.lose too many troop because they go in for catpure/I have to keep pulling army back and telling them to attack the next target

Press "H" every time you want to hit the closest unit: remember anyway they will stop their action to do it