0 A.D name translation for RTL languages

Hello,

during translation process i face an issue regarding the 0 A.D name, it is a name for a game in Persian it is ok to use it exactly as it is with English character 0 A.D Inside the Farsi text. but because Farsi is RTL , when i want to use it in Transfix it doesnt show it properly

examples

English:

0 A.D. Credits

Farsi:

عوامل تولید 0 A.D 

As you can see 0 is not in a correct position (behind A.D) and it show it in front

is there any suggestion ? if you have experience with other RTL languages or a trick to show it exactly as 0 A.D in RTL text :)

One solution is i find a name for game in Farsi language , for now i use صفر پس از میلاد if i want to translate it word by word it means "Zero after Anno Dommini" ... but i prefer to use exact name "0 A.D"

58 minutes ago, dmzerocold said:

Hello,

during translation process i face an issue regarding the 0 A.D name, it is a name for a game in Persian it is ok to use it exactly as it is with English character 0 A.D Inside the Farsi text. but because Farsi is RTL , when i want to use it in Transfix it doesnt show it properly

examples

English:

0 A.D. Credits

Farsi:

عوامل تولید 0 A.D 

As you can see 0 is not in a correct position (behind A.D) and it show it in front

is there any suggestion ? if you have experience with other RTL languages or a trick to show it exactly as 0 A.D in RTL text :)

One solution is i find a name for game in Farsi language , for now i use صفر پس از میلاد if i want to translate it word by word it means "Zero after Anno Dommini" ... but i prefer to use exact name "0 A.D"

Frankly speaking, even I do translations for middle-European and eastern-European languages but this thing never occurred to me maybe @GunChleoc might know.

I think its just a rendering issue on the forums and maybe transifex. I copy pasted your string and it looked how it was supposed to in game. Also looked good when pasted in to a terminal.

Edited by Guest

@(-_-)

Hi, can you please check below one and test it if its ok on game ? if its not ok on transifx  but ok in game then i iwll use 0.A.D name

Also can you please tell me how to export and use data from transifix ?

Can you please check this one? Persian > Misc. GUI > Text no 239

https://www.transifex.com/wildfire-games/0ad/translate/#fa/public-gui-other/135484201?q=text%3A'0+A.D'

@Jeru

Not sure if i can use HTML code on transifix , i didnt this this option .,. please correct me if im wrong

And why none of Persian translation team is active ? :D is there anything is should know?

example.PNG

Something a bit more serious. I am not sure whether the characters are supported. As I am getting this:

screenshot0108.png.5ce2ea168351636ef5258bad27a9860f.png

As you can see "0 A.D" is written perfectly but the rest not so much. But it does render correctly on my editor, so maybe 0AD dont support those characters yet..

Maybe @vladislavbelov knows?

Edited by Guest

Currently Fonts are rendered as textures atlas using python scripts, so if the font doesn't support your characters, they will appear as such.
That should be fixed at some point by loading ttf fonts directly using Cairo. (This was proposed by leper, but nobody worked on it)
 This will remove the need for language mods like the eastern asians ones.

12 hours ago, (-_-) said:

Something a bit more serious. I am not sure whether the characters are supported. As I am getting this:

screenshot0108.png.5ce2ea168351636ef5258bad27a9860f.png

As you can see "0 A.D" is written perfectly but the rest not so much. But it does render correctly on my editor, so maybe 0AD dont support those characters yet..

Maybe @vladislavbelov knows?

As Stan said we support only prerendered fonts. So an additional language requires an additional font textures, like for Chinese languages.

10 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

That should be fixed at some point by loading ttf fonts directly using Cairo. (This was proposed by leper, but nobody worked on it)

Cairo is pretty complex, so it requires a lot of time to replace our GUI rendering. I think it'd be better to use a smaller library, because it'd be much easier and it'd still easy to replace it by Cairo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vladislavbelov said:

Cairo is pretty complex, so it requires a lot of time to replace our GUI rendering. I think it'd be better to use a smaller library, because it'd be much easier and it'd still easy to replace it by Cairo. 

If such a library exists and allows one to load ttfs as Pngs on the fly why not. Else we will have problems as resolutions get higher and higher.