how to 4K screen setup video mode

Roberto

On 02/09/2018 at 2:53 PM, Nescio said:

Yes, 0 A.D.'s GUI is designed to be 1024×768. I also have a 3840×2160 screen and I'm using

gui.scale = 1.875

because I prefer to be able to play the game at half a screen; if you want the GUI to be exactly 3840 pixels wide, set it to 3.75; you'd probably want a lower value, though.

The location of your configuration file depends on your operation system (see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths ); on mine (Fedora 28) it's `~/.config/0ad/config/user.cfg`

This is not the first time someone asked. Perhaps a FAQ page should be made. Or add the ability to set the `gui.scale` in game under options.

Maybe we can make this standard. Most people today use HD or 4k when they play 0ad, so 1024×768 seems a bit old fashioned.

Buttons are incredibly small and its always a pain to click on them. They really should be enlarged (Priority)

9 minutes ago, the-x said:

Most people today use HD or 4k when they play 0ad

We'd like to, but it's not true yet: https://feedback.wildfiregames.com/results/display/. Most popular resolutions are 1366x768 (19.2%) and 1920x1080 (38.7%), and we still have visible amount of 1280x720 (3.6%).

11 minutes ago, the-x said:

Buttons are incredibly small and its always a pain to click on them. They really should be enlarged (Priority)

There is GUI scale for that in game settings, though it requires improvements.