The War of Twilight

rain_ironwolf

15 minutes ago, Baskom Welford said:

Question for anyone who knows: Can the Low poly variant of the mod work in the tournament if one challenges a player who is using the default hyrule conquest mod? My machine isn't powerful enough to run the default mod without lag dropping the frames poorly about 2/3 into the game.

You should be able to just fine if not I would be willing to test it with you. ^_^

Edit: Scratch that, I just asked around and found out that you can't play multiplayer unless both players have the low poly version. Sorry :(

Edited by rain_ironwolf

2 minutes ago, rain_ironwolf said:

You should be able to just fine if not I would be willing to test it with you. ^_^

I've been having some troubles getting the server browser to populate with modded games. When I load it up in Hyrule conquest I see the normal 0ad Lobby. Is there a particular setting or game file  I should adjust?

Have you had any luck opening the scenario editor in 0.3 Hyrule Conquest? I've been wanting to build new maps but the Atlas crashes when loading it from Hyrule Conquest (followed the usual steps, set HC to enable, hit save configuration, then tried to launch the editor).

1 minute ago, Baskom Welford said:

I've been having some troubles getting the server browser to populate with modded games. When I load it up in Hyrule conquest I see the normal 0ad Lobby. Is there a particular setting or game file  I should adjust?

Have you had any luck opening the scenario editor in 0.3 Hyrule Conquest? I've been wanting to build new maps but the Atlas crashes when loading it from Hyrule Conquest (followed the usual steps, set HC to enable, hit save configuration, then tried to launch the editor).

Check this thread out there may be some answers there. If not comment on there and the devs should see it 

Hey guys! Quick update on the tournament! I just wanted to let you all know thank you for your continued support of the event I really appreciate it and it means a lot to me ^_^ There was something that I wanted to address with the ruleset. Most of the rules as well as the tournament schedule will remain the same except for the Hero selection system and the way judges will be issued out. 

Hero Banning System

This idea was given to me by Feldfeld and it is something I personally agree with. Due to certain heroes becoming a bit of an issue within the metagame as of recently. Because of this, the hero banning format was created. The way this will work is before each set, both players will ban ONE hero from the opposing faction's list of heroes.

For example: Let's say I am going to be playing as the Kingdom of Hyrule and my opponent will be playing as the Kokiri. Both players will select their civilization and then message a judge which of your opponent's heroes you wish to ban. So for this example if I am playing as the Kingdom of Hyrule, I will tell the judge that I wish to ban Saria. Simultaneously, the other player will tell the judge who they wish to ban so for this example let's say my opponent wishes to ban Link. After both players tell the judge what they wish to ban, the judge will let them know what heroes they can't play and then the players will continue on and play the rest of the Best of 3 set. Should either player intentionally select a banned hero, a judge should be alerted and informed so that they may issue a strike to that player as well as a lose of that game but not the set. So let's say for example if Link was banned but I picked Link anyway and played him, a judge will be informed and it will result in me automatically losing the game. 

Judge Issuing

There are currently 3 judges involved with the War of Twilight team at the moment. These judges being users rain_ironwolf, Darkinterloper, and Exodarion. You will need to get in contact with at least one of these judges before you and your opponent can play your match in order to issue out hero bans. You will also need to get in contact with one of these judges should your set go to a third match in order to have them issue out a double blind rock-paper-scissors. Lastly, should any of the rules be broken or any unsportsmanlike conduct is seen, please send a replay + a screenshot of the discrepancy in question to one of these judges and they will address it as soon as they can.

Replays

This is just a friendly reminder that after EVERY tournament set, either you or your opponent will need to send a zipped file to one of the judges with all of the replays of your match. These replays need to be in individual folders in order to distinguish between games. 

For example: Let's say you send a zipped file of your match to a judge and you played 3 games within that set. You will need to have 3 folders in that zipped filed named game 1, game 2, and game 3. You are not required to name them this just so long that it is clear as to which game is which within the match. 

THANK YOU EVERYONE I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT SO MUCH!!! I CANT WAIT FOR THE TOURNAMENT TO START! ^_^

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baskom Welford said:

Question for anyone who knows: Can the Low poly variant of the mod work in the tournament if one challenges a player who is using the default hyrule conquest mod? My machine isn't powerful enough to run the default mod without lag dropping the frames poorly about 2/3 into the game.

Unfortunately, no. There have been hacky workarounds to do it though. Which involved lying to the lobby bot about what mods you were using.

Alright guys! The time for the tournament is here! Remember you have until Saturday, September 15th, to play your matches, send the replays, and report the scores! Best of luck to all competitors!

ROUND ONE WINNERS MATCHUPS

Jofursloft vs. BaskomWelford

FeldFeld - [BYE]

ValihrAnt vs. Palaiologos

Zolrolt vs. nani

Hannibal_Barca vs. CAGD_lulofun

Untitled.png

On 9/8/2018 at 3:27 AM, rain_ironwolf said:

Alright guys! The time for the tournament is here! Remember you have until Saturday, September 15th, to play your matches, send the replays, and report the scores! Best of luck to all competitors!

ROUND ONE WINNERS MATCHUPS

Jofursloft vs. BaskomWelford

FeldFeld - [BYE]

ValihrAnt vs. Palaiologos

Zolrolt vs. nani

Hannibal_Barca vs. CAGD_lulofun

Untitled.png

Halfway through the week! Reminder that matches 1 through 5 need to be finished by Saturday! Best of luck to all competitors! ^_^

EDIT: We will be pushing the deadline for round 1 matches back to Monday, September 17th. This is mainly due unavailability during the week. Future rounds will work around this schedule as well. (Monday to Monday)

Edited by rain_ironwolf
  • Like 1

Alright guys! We finished the first matches of the tournament! Congrats to those that continued on in the winners bracket and for those of you in the loser's bracket, don't worry! You still have a chance to make it to the top. It just going to be a lot harder from here.

This week, we will need to finish matches 6-10 before next Monday! 
These matches are:
6 - BaskomWelford vs. CAGD_lulofun
7 - Palaiologos vs. Jofursloft
8 - Zolrolt vs. Winner of Match 6
9 - nani vs. Hannibal_Barca
10 - Feldfeld vs. ValihrAnt

Best of luck to all competitors! I will message you for the details about your matches soon. 

ALSO! I wanted to clear something up with you guys about the ruleset because this week there were some misinterpretations. You will get a ban of ONE hero from among the WHOLE roster of heroes (24 heroes total) and you will do this before you two your civilizations. Just wanted to clear that up. Also, for picking the map for the 3rd game, you do not have to contact a middle man for Rock Paper Scissors anymore instead you only have to do a coin toss. The winner will get to pick between Death Mountain and Gerudo Desert.

I hope all this makes sense! ^_^ 

war of twilight bracket.png

Hey guys! We're moving along great for the tournament! The next round matchups will be posted below I have already sent out messages detailing your matches so be sure to check those out.

8 - Zolrolt vs. BaskomWelford
11 - Nani vs. Jofursloft
12 - ValihrAnt vs. Winner of 8
14 Feldfeld vs. Hannibal_Barca (Best of 5 Set)

WoT3.thumb.png.9fdd0309f5817d26e7bda8d1f5d53f3a.png

• Like 2

Hey guys! The tournament is almost over! Just a few more matchups and we'll have a victor!

@Baskom Welford needs to play against @ValihrAnt for the loser's quarter final match,

@Jofursloft will play the winner of that match for the loser's semi final match,

then @Hannibal_Barca will play the winner of that match for the loser's final match, 

and lastly the winner of that will face off against @Feldfeld in the grand finals. ^_^

• 1 month later...