Battalion test mode

Silier

Promising mod especially for MP games. There are similarities with DE. Enemy AI is slow on food, they might not  be that hard or interesting for heavy battles. Human has auto free hero? Relics so far is not playable on my skirmish Cycladic Archipelago (3 player) map: I set relic mode but relics did not appear. Also AI does not train women though they do a corral.

Some errors too but hope the game continues with the error appearance and should not persist which result to blocking some part of the screen.

interestinglog.html

mainlog.html

system_info.txt

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Servo said:

Promising mod especially for MP games. There are similarities with DE. Enemy AI is slow on food, they might not  be that hard or interesting for heavy battles. Human has auto free hero? Relics so far is not playable on my skirmish Cycladic Archipelago (3 player) map: I set relic mode but relics did not appear. Also AI does not train women though they do a corral.

Some errors too but hope the game continues with the error appearance and should not persist which result to blocking some part of the screen.

interestinglog.html

mainlog.html

system_info.txt

thnx for testing this, :) I forgot about animals

7 hours ago, Servo said:

Human Athens dock has error. Its empty.

interestinglog.html

mainlog.html

and some ships :(

7 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

So, how about a better mod name than "game mod"?

I do not think about it right now :)

6 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Auto-garrison is extremely annoying when I just want my people to drop their resources off.

I get it. I try to restrict it for soldiers or change priorities :) ( or get it  back,  if will not work) 

@Servo actually, leveling of unit is as followed: level 0.1 -> 0.2 -> 0.3 = no rank (bronze icons 1^, 2^, 3^) -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 = Basic ranks (iron icons, 1^, 2^, 3^) -> 2.* = advanced -> 3.* = elite

With adding equipment to the unit (what is promotion mechanic in vanila) experiences and level of unit falls back to 0.1

Could it not be one of these cases ?

@stanislas69 I mean, that I changed battle system a bit in a first place. Every unit must first be prepared to battle. Draw sword, pick arrow, change the way of holding spear. It takes prepare time. And after the time passes, unit is prepared and the fighting animation is selected and then it is only repeat time. While unit see enemy unit in his/her range, stay in prepared stage and can fight immediately. If there is no enemy unit, it goes to relax state and gives back sword, arrow to sheet, changes the way of holding spear and so on.  If unit sees enemy and wants to fight, he/she has to go through preparation time again ( or when switching weapons).  And in this stage I messed up synchronisation for range attacks and for another as well. So after that updated I corrected it. :)

As I added to animation variants (relax and ready) almost for everything what has something with combat, it blocked somehow building animation to be picked so I had to move it in actors to another animation group.

Edited by Angen

Shields up! :) New animation for testudo.

Fixed relic mode, ships and one error from guiinterface.

And yeah, slingers have their lock too.

I moved garrison action to lower priority so order should be drop resources (if you have some) / repair (if is damaged)  and then garrison (if you can)

testudo.png

Edited by Angen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got errors running mod in svn

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/interfaces/Promotion.js line 7
Error: Registering message type with already-registered name 'ExperienceChanged'

ERROR: CXeromyces: Parse error: in_memory_buffer:1: Element choice is empty
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Failed to compile schema

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: No grammar loaded
ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'structures/brit_civil_centre'

seg fault

11 hours ago, sarcoma said:

Got errors running mod in svn

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/interfaces/Promotion.js line 7
Error: Registering message type with already-registered name 'ExperienceChanged'

ERROR: CXeromyces: Parse error: in_memory_buffer:1: Element choice is empty
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Failed to compile schema

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: No grammar loaded
ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'structures/brit_civil_centre'

seg fault

Try running it with alpha 23

The conflict of message type is due to D1460. Sarcoma must have applied that patch or enabled fgod mod which also contains the patch(?). Not an issue for now, but since the patch is accepted and ready to land, you might want to pick another name.

Edited by Guest

Life city update part 1 for Sparta is alive :)

What it does ?

If you are training some unit in barracks, stables, range, corral, you see there certain number of units training.

For simplicity ( and for now ) unit classes does not really match, but in barracks it is melee, in range ranged and in stables, cavalry. Corral matches perfectly due to just one type of unit is available to train. 

Also some props was added to market to fake a life. ( Probably I ll make some better animation for them )

• Like 1

• 1 month later...