Sound error messages

pmenzani

Well, I was playing and I got this message. Anyone could help me?

I used to play and nothing happened, but now this is hapening. This message shows when I do any action that executes a sound, like move a peasent (screenshots).

Computer:

Windows 8

Intel i3

4GB RAM

64 bits

screenshot 0ad.jpg

Edited by pmenzani
the screenshots were not showing the error messages

7 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The warning messages are located on log folder.  if you are in Windows try to go Start menu and then 0 A.D then "open log folder"

In "interestinglog":

0 A.D. (0.0.23) Main log (warnings and errors only)

ERROR: Sound: AlcInit failed, m_Device=0x0 m_Context=0x0 dev_name=OpenAL Soft err=a004

ERROR: OpenAL error: (null); called from CSoundManager::~CSoundManager (line 277)

Engine exited successfully on 2018-07-26 at 23:22:57 with 421 message(s), 2 error(s) and 0 warning(s).

what should I do?

Also, I edited the post with the right screenshots

On 7/27/2018 at 12:03 AM, Loki1950 said:

Could you add system.txt also from the logs folder as the error shows that it could not initialise your sound card/chip for some reason @elexis will most likely ask you for that file while waiting you might try checking if your sound drivers and OpenAL are up to date.

Enjoy the Choice :)

I'm sending a copy of "system_info.txt" from the "logs" folder.  I dont know how to check if OpenAL is up to date, but I do have a problem with my sound drivers. They stopped working on this pc for a while, but the error messages had appeared before

system_info.txt

10 hours ago, pmenzani said:

I'm sending a copy of "system_info.txt" from the "logs" folder.  I dont know how to check if OpenAL is up to date, but I do have a problem with my sound drivers. They stopped working on this pc for a while, but the error messages had appeared before

system_info.txt

If your computer doesn't have a soundcard the game will error out like this.

You could try passing -nosound by editing the shortcut and see if that fixes it ;)

According to the system info file, the reporter appears to have a laptop (going by the SKU code, one of these).  Going by the laptop's support page, the built-in soundcard should be a "Realtek" device of some sort. However, the system info file has no mention of that, instead listing "2 - High Definition Audio Device" as the soundcard. This implies that Windows is unable to find or identify the device correctly (which could be a driver issue) or that Windows' "default" soundcard is set incorrectly.

@pmenzani Are you saying that you don't have audio from any of the applications on your computer? Resolve that issue, and 0AD will stop complaining. If you don't mind playing without sound at all, then yes, the -nosound argument will also work.

Reporter's trac ticket: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/5270

• 2 weeks later...