[Millennium A.D.] Xýlo 23 now available!

asterix

Ok thanks. Sorry if some of my post needs to be on another thread. Would this mean that my Alienware A17 with 2.5 ghz, i7, two 4gb and 860 Nvdia GeForce can’t handle the modded game like this?  I’m already planning to upgrade this pc to two 8gb of ram (16 gb) and one ssd HD. But I’m wondering that my old Apple with 4gb ram is doing really well on any 0ad mod. Anyhow once I get home I will try the mod on my Apple PCs. 

Perhaps windows really are not good for this game...

3 hours ago, Servo said:

Ok thanks. Sorry if some of my post needs to be on another thread. Would this mean that my Alienware A17 with 2.5 ghz, i7, two 4gb and 860 Nvdia GeForce can’t handle the modded game like this?  I’m already planning to upgrade this pc to two 8gb of ram (16 gb) and one ssd HD. But I’m wondering that my old Apple with 4gb ram is doing really well on any 0ad mod. Anyhow once I get home I will try the mod on my Apple PCs. 

Perhaps windows really are not good for this game...

i play on windows 10 with a laptop (my pc is a desktop similar but i'm away from home 4gb ram Nvidia Geforce gt520 amd sempron 145 overclocked) with i3 processor, 2gb ram, intel HD Graphics 4000, basic hard drive WDC WD3200BPVT - 22JJ5T0 ATA device, i can only play 0 ad whitout chrome, in my pc i play while i use blender and have around 5 or 7 chrome tabs open whitout problem.

Never experienced shut down while playing and my only problem is related to ram usage but i'm installing win 7 lite for play while using chrome.

Usually if your pc is Intel processor it will shut down when overheated for safety. AMD wouldn't shut down until your pc burn while you play so you need to be aware, try checking your pc Fan and clean it and remove any dust, otherwise try having your laptop with lower temperature.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When can we have Hero for Byzantine?:mellow:  

Game is working so well now. If anyone wants to try playing it on MP I can too, just let me know.

Although as a mod with new Civs and nice new units and structures it’s still better for SP. And while it’s still in development progress why not put structures or units available that are closely looking for the Civ. Like Nescio 0abc (still can’t make it run) mod. He just put units or structures available just to try completing the roster. I don’t mind training archer for Anglo Saxons at a cost even greater than the hero as long as it’s available.

Walled Civs can have archers (Anglo-Saxon has none and Wall garrison is awkward looking, maybe not centered or too thin). Byzantine walls are quite thick. 

Please in this mod revert the wololo to A22 style. This way at least we can manipulate the game to have the best units and structures for individual liking. 

My personal review of the mod:

- AI makes lots of attacking armies. Very good!

- Anglo Saxons have the best natural structures sans one house which is too flat like the Gauls. Needs champ (melee) cavalry and archers. Nice Wonder but too thin and less eyecandy. Walls are quite short. With A22 wololo Lots of things possible for immersive playing. Not good to play against as they make lots of stables instead of houses.

- I play the Byzantine coz they have complete unit roster. Very nice units and best wonder but no hero. Walls are quite thick/big that don’t look proportional to generated random map terrain. Hard to place and look good on edges or elevated cliffs.

- Carolingan units are complete and nice too with nice temple and wonder. Houses and structures are quite look alike, less variation. Nice archers.

- Norse is still incomplete I guess too. Best CC, no walls and no cavalry. Very nice foot units. 

- It’s good that CC can be deleted to realign enemy land area. Good that big units like sieges can’t pass through heavily wooded area. 

Again imo A22 wololo can do better even if the mod is not complete yet.

Bear with me ...

We aren't reach an agreement. with heroes. specially with Byzantines.

What you mean with "complete roster"? 

Other thing many as you said is because accuracy you know about cavalry "viking lancer Cataphract demigod Valkyrie "?

Resultado de imagen para valkyrian cavalry

Sarcasm.

It’s good that CC can be deleted to realign enemy land area. Good that big units like sieges can’t pass through heavily wooded area

Rare seen machines like those in a wood area.

Again imo A22 wololo can do better even if the mod is not complete yet.

I never play that but seen different our mod, the mod is based in vanilla Stan said this several times.

----

Pd: Isn't a bad idea for a cheat unit.

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para valkyrie  yigit korogluResultado de imagen para valkyrian vaking fantasy cavalry

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

On 8/19/2018 at 10:09 PM, Alexandermb said:

AMD wouldn't shut down until your pc burn while you play so you need to be aware

That's not true. I have a somewhat recent computer with AMD and it shuts down when overheating. That only depends on BIOS.

21 hours ago, Servo said:

When can we have Hero for Byzantine?

We need textures for them. Then balancing but generic values are fine and then an aura need to be found. I'm working on other stuff now so I'm sorry if mods feel left out.

21 hours ago, Servo said:

Please in this mod revert the wololo to A22 style. This way at least we can manipulate the game to have the best units and structures for individual liking. 

There shouldn't be any tweaks to the templates. So if something is not balanced that's on the main game.  I'm against adding code in civ mods. It's impossible to maintain.