where's the other hidden units?

Tallestdavid

how can we use like Thebans and spartan pikes and other units that are in the unit summaries

I see there's  way more units is there not a way to get them? are they incomplete? :( I would love a modern cleomenes II Spartans. or even a whole Greek faction gastrapede cross bow! and fire raisin.. what ever its called. the flame thrower xD 

oh the legionary post Marian too... BYZANTINE empire be cool to add :D

14 minutes ago, Tallestdavid said:

how can we use like Thebans and spartan pikes and other units that are in the unit summaries

I see there's  way more units is there not a way to get them? are they incomplete? :( I would love a modern cleomenes II Spartans. or even a whole Greek faction gastrapede cross bow! and fire raisin.. what ever its called. the flame thrower xD 

You mean Early Eastern Roman Empire.

Mostly of that units are in atlas. and a viable in some mods.

22 minutes ago, Tallestdavid said:

@stanislas69 @Alexandermb 

20 minutes ago, Tallestdavid said:

I think that Delenda Est mod is using them and I think that Thebans are in Atlas but not used, about Spartan pikes it should be upated very likely

17 minutes ago, Tallestdavid said:

hmm...https://www.moddb.com/mods/millennium-ad/news/xlo-23-now-available

7 hours ago, Nescio said:

It's very easy to make those and other units trainable by writing a tiny mod.

Yeah I need to learn how 

I see they are in the atlas 

Look outdated and have werid open mounths haha but yeah wonder if a modder would help me walk through would love to learn 

I do mod total war games so I hope it's not too different 

That main things you need to know are JavaScript for changing behaviour and GUI elements and XML for unit definitions lots of how to's here on the forum and on our wiki(just click the Development link on the forum header) and new models is a bit more complicated as it requires use of blender or an other 3D modelling app that can export to .dae format.

Enjoy the Choice :)

7 hours ago, Tallestdavid said:

Yeah I need to learn how 

I see they are in the atlas 

Look outdated and have werid open mounths haha but yeah wonder if a modder would help me walk through would love to learn 

I do mod total war games so I hope it's not too different 

0 A.D. may look daunting at first glance but is surprisingly easy when you're used to it. Besides, you can modify basically everything, not just content.

All you need is a text editor (not a word-processor) and do the following:

1. place your mod in the correct location, your `/0ad/mods/` folder:
    • GNU/Linux (e.g. Fedora) typically: `~/.local/share/0ad/mods/`
    • Macintosh/Apple OS X typically: `~/Library/Application\Support/0ad/mods/`
    • Microsoft Windows typically: `~\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\`
  2. include a `mod.json` file (to allow the game to detect and load it)
  3. follow the game's file structure (see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/ If a file in your mod has the same name as one in the game, it replaces it; if it has a different name, both files exist alongside each other.)

There is also a https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Modding_Guide For me it was more useful to post questions directly at https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21083-how-to-start-modifying/

Anyway, rather than explaining it to you step by step, I figured it's easier to just create a tiny example mod that does what you asked for, allowing you to use it as a starting point. Here you go:

more_champions.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...