Persian temple textures missing?

On 7/14/2018 at 9:25 AM, Hidan said:

screenshot0001.png

Thanks for the report. Please note that your image link has expired for some reason. The issue comes from the remastered version of the Persian Texture made by @Enrique which, while having a significant number of improvements have some new issues.

pers_struct_old.pngpers_struct_remastered.png

pers_struct_old_alpha.pngpers_struct_remastered_alpha.png

Notice the (correctly) exported alpha channels are different. I finally found a way to export them correctly which means we can now export the old DDS textures to PNG as needed. The Persian texture will be the first, once it is fixed. Also notice the textures without alpha channels are different.

To do the export properly open blender, import the DDS texture, save it as a PNG with Alpha, open it in Gimp, Click on the layer -> Add mask -> Alpha Channel Transfer. You can then copy paste that mask layer as needed to keep the good transparency.

@LordGood @wowgetoffyourcellphone

Can any of you fix the texture ? keeping the best of both worlds ?

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, elexis said:

(The screenshot showed that the playercolor ban on one side of the persian temple had golden stars on it but the other side didnt.)

Right, just a small adjustment of the UV map on the model. No need for texture shenanigans. :) @stanislas69

screenshot1617.jpg

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

7 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Right, just a small adjustment of the UV map on the model. No need for texture shenanigans. :) @stanislas69

screenshot1617.jpg

Kay I thought fixing the root cause was better than fixing side effects. Note it's also responsible for stones being full colors :)

Some other buildings are probably broken too.

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

Kay I thought fixing the root cause was better than fixing side effects. Note it's also responsible for stones being full colors :)

I'm still not understanding what you say the "root cause" is in regards to the texture. It's clearly a UV mapping issue on the model to me. The "new" and "old" textures you show don't adequately illustrate what you're trying to say. :shrug: The player color bricks on both textures are in the same exact position. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

40 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I'm still not understanding what you say the "root cause" is in regards to the texture. It's clearly a UV mapping issue on the model to me. The "new" and "old" textures you show don't adequately illustrate what you're trying to say. :shrug: The player color bricks on both textures are in the same exact position. 

Look at both textures just below the cloth texture on the left . See the old one has the pattern that's missing that goes under it while the new one is fully transparent.

For the stones on the bottom left corner see they are simply not there on the new texture ;)

1 minute ago, stanislas69 said:

Look at both textures just below the cloth texture on the left . See the old one has the pattern that's missing that goes under it while the new one is fully transparent.

For the stones on the bottom left corner see they are simply not there on the new texture ;)

I see it now. Why didn't you say that to begin with? lol

• 1 month later...