Some little mistakes

Accidentally found a small mistakes. Please check this issues:
An erroneously installed shield or wooden medallion (I don't exactly know what is it.) for an unsuitable nation. Appears on some buildings and naval units. Please check other nations attributes and artifacts for the correctness of compliance.

Spoiler

screenshot0002.thumb.png.0339291729be3feb6aaa2e4a0e59f135.png

Spoiler

screenshot0006.thumb.png.a1ab6123cb3bd00aa065a226674f3c27.png

I’m guessing the Gauls emblem is a well known Celtic symbol. In that case, it would make sense as both the civs are Celtic and probably have the same roots.

Thats just speculation and I dont know much about the civs or the symbol for that matter.

What you pointed out could just as well be a mistake due to the large number of shared assets between the two civs.

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

civs are Celtic

It may be pan-Celtic, but it would be better if it has some distinctive stylization. Also need to do something with identical wonder-buildings at many nations. It's very strange to see two or three absolutely identical Stonehenges at the same time. This also applies to the Parthenon conveyor.

Spoiler

0.thumb.png.82783b31acf9aea95c81b17aa59ae059.png

Edited by RukoFiber

Triskelion. The symbol doesn't belong to any one civilization in particular, pre-dates Celts and was widely used across Europe. It's just popularly associated with Celts, as they did use the design and it remains popular among neo-pagans today. Nothing wrong with using it for both civs, but its use as the Gauls emblem, as well as a Briton prop could indeed cause confusion. Maybe the civ-emblem itself could get a redesign? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triskelion

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1

Keep in mind 0 A.D. is a game in alpha stage. Sometimes placeholders are used. It's not uncommon that factions share structures or ships. E.g. `units/ptol_champion_juggernaut.xml` template (re)uses `structures/romans/quinquereme.xml` visual actor.

5 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Keep in mind 0 A.D. is a game in alpha stage.

I know. I just wonder because most of other civilisations already have their own wonder-buildings. BTW, hope to see someday CJK without mods, but I even can`t imagine which their wonders would be suitable from -500 to 500 A. D.

• Like 1

Technically there was no Japan during that time period. The Japanese islands were at that time mostly inhabited by the ainu, who were progressively displaced by immigrants from mainland Asia. None of those people identified as being "Japanese" in any sense. Japan didn't even become a thing until almost 1600 AD.

There wasn't really a Korea either, it was like 4 independent states back then without any sort of central cultural identity. They were distinct from China but they were not Korean.

China did exist back then. The great emperor Qin Shi Huang united China in 220 BC. While his imperial line was extremely short and ended in 206 BC with only one heir making it to the throne, the imperial system he created lasted until 1912 with varying degrees of stability. Both the Qin dynasty and the Han dynasty occurred within the general time span of 0ad and would be appropriate to include, although the Han dynasty lasted much longer and is probably more characteristic of imperial China in general.