Pre-Colonial Mod General Ideas and Gameplay

Trinketos

19 minutes ago, Boudica said:

I know we should refrain from applying modern criteria to past housing standards, but to me it looks highly impractical having such a huge hole spreading all over the building. :unknw:

It was hot in that part of the world I guess, so having a little breeze might have been well... a breeze :)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/13/2019 at 6:51 AM, Stan` said:

It was hot in that part of the world I guess, so having a little breeze might have been well... a breeze :)

Well here in summer the temperature is 29 ° or a little more with not rain and it's realy wet.

Tmperature here makes you behave like an ape some times xd.

13 minutes ago, Lopess said:

Fortified villages in the local Amazon between the Llanos moxos da Bolivia and the villages of the Xingu

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-03510-7

Earthwork palisades could serve as city walls and geoglyph as wonder.

Thinking of how their forestry could be implemented into gameplay, perhaps a tech that allow villagers to build trees like they do fields ?

Or just a big boost to wood and berry gathering.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

Earthwork palisades could serve as city walls and geoglyph as wonder.

Thinking of how their forestry could be implemented into gameplay, perhaps a tech that allow villagers to build trees like they do fields ?

Or just a big boost to wood and berry gathering.

My idea was  tupi base civis only gather food and wood (idea i a see in other mod for other game xd)

i like the idea of palnting trees.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 12:29 AM, Trinketos said:

Yes.

I am still impressed with the history of the americas.

On the topic of Lidar,  there is the recently discovered civilization at Mosquitia (Not sure they have been named yet).

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/03/150302-honduras-lost-city-monkey-god-maya-ancient-archaeology/

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

On the topic of Lidar,  there is the recently discovered civilization at Mosquitia (Not sure they have been named yet).

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/03/150302-honduras-lost-city-monkey-god-maya-ancient-archaeology/

Yes in my country. But still very obscured in the darkness of history and a terrible jungle.

• 3 weeks later...