Open source free minecraft

I have been playing a game called minetest for some time now, it is similar to minecraft but open source and free.

It is also moddable in luascript and has texturepack support, the game even has it's own servers, it also has a much taller height limit then MC.

Just wanted to let anyone browsing this forum about minetest before they dish out all that money on minecraft, as minetest is a viable alternative to minecraft unlike some of the lower quality clones out there.

https://www.minetest.net/#features

https://github.com/minetest/

https://discord.gg/d2kXzWC

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Rolf Dew said:

@stanislas69  @elexis would the above account be considered an advertising account and thus violate the rules? (correct me if I am wrong)

Had it been the first post of the account and/or been for something commercial. When it's by someone who has posted relevant non-advertisement posts previously, and for something free (and open source), it's certainly not a problem.

1 hour ago, feneur said:

Had it been the first post of the account and/or been for something commercial. When it's by someone who has posted relevant non-advertisement posts previously, and for something free (and open source), it's certainly not a problem.

No the individual deleted the post, I am not referring to the minetest post, someone named downloadapps encouraged other users to visit their site. I am referring to this user @downloadapps

Edited by Rolf Dew

44 minutes ago, Rolf Dew said:

No the individual deleted the post, I am not referring to the minetest post, someone named downloadapps encouraged other users to visit their site. I am referring to this user @downloadapps

Ah, yeah, it would have helped if you had been more specific, but that does indeed qualify :) For the same reasons I mentioned in the reply above :) (I usually just read the forums via the View New Posts list, and since I had already taken care of the spammer via the reports - if you feel like something is violating the rules that is a good system to use as it notifies us immediately - I was taken directly to your post so I assumed that you meant the entire topic. In general, I would recommend just using the report system for posts though, spammy topics usually stand out enough to get noticed immediately anyway.)

1 hour ago, feneur said:

Ah, yeah, it would have helped if you had been more specific, but that does indeed qualify :) For the same reasons I mentioned in the reply above :) (I usually just read the forums via the View New Posts list, and since I had already taken care of the spammer via the reports - if you feel like something is violating the rules that is a good system to use as it notifies us immediately - I was taken directly to your post so I assumed that you meant the entire topic. In general, I would recommend just using the report system for posts though, spammy topics usually stand out enough to get noticed immediately anyway.)

Okay thanks, I will do so in the future!