DE Alpha 23b rebundle

wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 2 weeks later...

I know that path finding is much better in DE mod especially passing thru the woods but can we have exception on siege units? What I’m trying to emphasize is that if the trees are closed to each other Rams and other siege units must not be able to pass or go thru unless the gaps are big enough. Sometimes you generated a map with thick woods and you can build a tower or outpost that are almost impenetrable to be destroyed by the Ram and it brings some added fun or maybe strategy.

Another thing I noticed is the initial Athenian women icon is like a slave one while others have the original initial ones.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gameboy said:

My god, what has happened, I can't believe what has happened to this team, this team has a branch, what will they do, what will the 0 A.D. game development do, what will the WFG team do? Has the game team broken up?

Do you want to know this and much more? Tune into the next episode every year on Channel 8.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2018 at 6:55 PM, (-_-) said:

Regarding the AI elephant stable spam, a temporary fix might be adding the template to https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/ai/petra/config.js#L51. It practically adds the building to the list which the AI has no strategy to handle properly. Thats what I deduced from that code comment atleast.

The elephant stable spam is a typo in the headquarters.js: at line 2003 (whether to build the elephant stables, line reference to Git-version of DE) it says: !gameState.getOwnEntitiesByClass("ElephantStables", true) but in the template it has the Elephant_Stable class. For the AI they never match, so it keeps building the stables. A fix would be to make the classes match.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freagarach said:

but in the template it has the Elephant_Stable class. For the AI they never match,

template_structure_military_elephant_stables.xml:36:    <VisibleClasses datatype="tokens">City ElephantStables</VisibleClasses>

Maybe DE changed it or something.