DE Alpha 23b rebundle

wowgetoffyourcellphone

1 hour ago, fatherbushido said:

something like that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLy87AhIXak

(infra low vid quality)

The design I used at the time I did that is the following:

There is a convertable units with a Convertable component.

Convertable component has:

- ConverterClasses

- ProtecterClasses

- Delay

- Range

A unit is converted (change ownership or even change template) when it has a unit of the 'converter' class but no unit of the 'protecter' class during a said 'delay' in a said 'range'.

(Obviously the range and the delay are tweakable by auras. So we can have a hero with instant conversion and things like that).

Any hopes for a mod ? :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fatherbushido said:

something like that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLy87AhIXak

(infra low vid quality)

The design I used at the time I did that is the following:

There is a convertable units with a Convertable component.

Convertable component has:

- ConverterClasses

- ProtecterClasses

- Delay

- Range

A unit is converted (change ownership or even change template) when it has a unit of the 'converter' class but no unit of the 'protecter' class during a said 'delay' in a said 'range'.

(Obviously the range and the delay are tweakable by auras. So we can have a hero with instant conversion and things like that).

Yep, exactly like this. The <Delay> should be a lot shorter (IMHO), but that would of course be alterable. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fatherbushido said:

edit: it seems I miss something somewhere. What are the customed components in that mod?

Player.js and ResourceTrickle.js.

I updated Player.js to latest and still got the pack/aura/siege error. ResourceTrickle, I just changed line 6 to decimal, from nonNegativeDecimal.

11 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

ResourceTrickle, I just changed line 6 to decimal, from nonNegativeDecimal.

Yeah, I also did that in my 0abc mod. Others might want to try it out too, which is why I proposed D1323 months ago. Maybe after the feature freeze is lifted :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Yeah, I also did that in my 0abc mod. Others might want to try it out too, which is why I proposed D1323 months ago. Maybe after the feature freeze is lifted :)

It would be nice too to allow the drain to stop at 0. Some mods might not want it to go into the negative. Hmm, also, need a way to define the "consequences" of negative resources too*, but that's a much different patch. But that simple change to line 6 allows mods to play with it and yet doesn't negatively affect public mod in any way I can see.

*For instance, negative food might start to drain the health of your units, so that you could have a "starving" effect. Imagine sieges and farm raids.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

It would be nice too to allow the drain to stop at 0. Some mods might not want it to go into the negative. 

Apparently I had fixed in a way on my fork of 0abc a long time ago. Guess forgot about actually making a PR.

https://github.com/smiley3/0abc-unified/commit/40298fbc597d735b4fd42650205553b4e089a04e

Edited by Guest
Added commit link

On 6/25/2018 at 10:38 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Just synced some changes to catapults to make them buildable in the field and packable. 

Apparently @Itms told me that the version should be something like 1.0.0 to fit with mod.io schema (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH) this will allow mods to be incompatible among versions. Because if you use 0.0.23 there is no way you can know the difference between mods. It seems that some mods should fix this too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Apparently @Itms told me that the version should be something like 1.0.0 to fit with mod.io schema (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH) this will allow mods to be incompatible among versions. Because if you use 0.0.23 there is no way you can know the difference between mods. It seems that some mods should fix this too.

What will be the version number of the A23 re-release then? 0.0.24?

Yeah, uh, the 0 A.D. mod selector screen is suuuuuper anal about some things, version numbering being one of them. What's the official mod's rebundle going to be versioned? 0.0.231? Can't have 0.0.23.1 like it probably should be, because you're limited to only 2 periods. Another is the "name" of a mod not allowing spaces and capital letters and other things. Why can't I title my mod "Delenda Est", which is its name/title? Why must it be "delenda_est"? :)

I guess 0.0.231 will be DE's rebundle. :) 

So, I have no idea how to fix the siege unit packing error that throws all kinds of text all over the screen, but things work just fine as-is. I may go ahead  and bundle within the next day or two. (y) We'll just have to endure the inevitable barrage of "bug reports." lol

hi,

do not know if this one was fixed, but I just tried git version with A23 release and roman bolt shooter gives actor errors on creation

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/variants/biped/carry_food_idle.xml"

ERROR: Could not open path biped/carry_food_idle.xml

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/variants/biped/carry_meat_idle.xml"

ERROR: Could not open path biped/carry_meat_idle.xml

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/variants/biped/carry_wood_idle.xml"

ERROR: Could not open path biped/carry_wood_idle.xml

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/variants/biped/carry_stone_idle.xml"

ERROR: Could not open path biped/carry_stone_idle.xml

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/variants/biped/carry_metal_idle.xml"

ERROR: Could not open path biped/carry_metal_idle.xml

and some other upon map start

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/structures/xion_corral.xml"

ERROR: Failed to load parent 'structures/xion_corral' of entity template 'structures/scyth_corral_empty'

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'structures/scyth_corral_empty'

On 7/1/2018 at 3:00 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yeah, uh, the 0 A.D. mod selector screen is suuuuuper anal about some things, version numbering being one of them. What's the official mod's rebundle going to be versioned? 0.0.231? Can't have 0.0.23.1 like it probably should be, because you're limited to only 2 periods. Another is the "name" of a mod not allowing spaces and capital letters and other things. Why can't I title my mod "Delenda Est", which is its name/title? Why must it be "delenda_est"? :)

I guess 0.0.231 will be DE's rebundle. :) 

Why not use 0.0.24 or just start a new numbering and call it 0.0.1? You don't need to use the same numbers as vanilla 0ad

10 hours ago, Imarok said:

Why not use 0.0.24 or just start a new numbering and call it 0.0.1? You don't need to use the same numbers as vanilla 0ad

True, but I thought it was a nice parallel at first and helped people understand which vanilla release was compatible. And what if there are 22 more alpha releases? lmao, I'd have to skip 0.0.23! ;)  

But yeah, maybe I'll start the numbering over again at 0.0.02 or something.

• Like 1

Nope, can't rebundle, even after my 7th attempt. Pyrogenesis keeps crashing at this point during the archiving:

Spoiler

[19752] Converting model binaries/data/mods/delenda_est_A23_working/art/animation/biped/new/crossbow_attack_a.dae
[19752] Converting model binaries/data/mods/delenda_est_A23_working/art/animation/biped/new/crossbow_attack_b.dae
[19752] Converting model binaries/data/mods/delenda_est_A23_working/art/animation/biped/new/crossbow_attack_back.dae
[19752] Converting model binaries/data/mods/delenda_est_A23_working/art/animation/biped/new/crossbow_idle_ready.dae
[19752] unknown(0): Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error. 
[19752]  
[19752] Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files. 
[19752]  
[19752] Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x085619B0) 
[19752] 

crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp don't write anything new.

8 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Added a merc unit for the Indians, finally. The Deccan Tribal Levy, a skirmisher. Any other suggestions? @Sundiata ;) 

Hmmm, actually... There seems to be a total lack of Hellenistic influence in 0AD's Mauryas... Mauryas ruled over Greek Kingdoms and are known to have employed Greeks as ambassadors. They had specific names for Greeks, like Yona (from Ionian), Yavana and Yonaka. So perhaps something like the Bactrian Thureophoroi/Yona Skirmishers as 3rd phase elite merc? 

One 21st-century author, Suhas Chatterjee, suggests that "Chandragupta had to engage all his military strength, even Greek mercenaries from Punjab in his conquest of the Nanda king"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_of_the_Nanda_Empire#cite_note-8

Deccan Tribal Levy sounds nice... Looking forward to checking it out :) 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1