I'm joining as programmer :)

Hi, I'm interesting in collaborate as programmer. I love this kind of games and always I wanted to make something like this game. I have experience ( > 3 years) with Visual Studio in C# and VB.NET, but I haven't in C++ on Visual Studio IDE. I know C++, and I was programmed it on Qt. I know work with SVN and Git.

I was seeing the code and I was reading the "trac" and "getting start step".

I'm in process to understand the code. I was seeing it and I have some doubts with the graphics part:

¿does the pyrogenesis project has graphic part? I mean, in my experience with Visual Studio projects there are windows forms. In this project: how does it work? How can I access to this?

Sorry for my English :S

My best!

Joni!

• Like 1

All of the graphical elements are done using OpenGL as that is the only solution that will work on all three of the platforms we support ie: Windows/OSX and Linux in the source code look for rendering BTW the GUI is done using JavaScript as are all mods of the main engine.

Enjoy the Choice :)

58 minutes ago, jdbandoni said:

¿does the pyrogenesis project has graphic part? I mean, in my experience with Visual Studio projects there are windows forms. In this project: how does it work? How can I access to this?

The graphics stuff is part C++ and part GLSL, with a bunch of xml configs.

You can find the C++ part under graphics->renderer in Visual Studio, while the GLSL is in binaries/data/mods/public/shaders/glsl. The xml configs are in binaries/data/mods/public/shaders/effects, although some things are also defined in materials, which are in the same general vicinity.

Note that there are a lot of graphics commits backed up at the moment because of the feature freeze for alpha 23 and the upcoming re-release that fixes a bunch of bugs and performance issues people are having.

• Like 1