Alpha 24 name suggestions

elexis

2 hours ago, coworotel said:

Don't we have the new Persian voices?

done, in next release Persian empire should speak "Farsi" (i know it is not Old Persian) ... also I translated whole game but due to RTL bug issue I don't think they are going to use it (plus some new contents require translation but because RTL issue didn't solve yet, I didn't translate them)

• Like 1

I think we should call it ΞΕΝΟΚΛΗΣ - Xenoklês - after the tragedian, since it is indeed a tragedy that the manspam-train issue has not yet been solved. That is much more important than the fact that the 'Persians' faction do not speek their real language. Farsi is no more Old Persian than modern Spanish is Latin or demotic Greek is Attic.

I do agree with original proposition of @Nescio though - ΞΕΝΟΦΩΝ Xenophôn.

Although Xšayaṛša is also a worthy contender full of history.

Edited by Anaxandridas ho Skandiates

7 hours ago, Genava55 said:

Are the new voices really something the players will notice?

I cannot speak for others but I myself compiled the dev. version just to hear it. :laugh:

I think the voices in different languages gives as much character to the civs as the graphics being also different for each civ.

• Like 3

Am I missing something or are the voices already commited? I don’t recall such a commit.

(btw, it might be a little soon to name 24. Considering a year later there is still nothing much to show for it. Except the art dept who are doing some amazing work.)

18 hours ago, balduin said:

@JamesWright the name has to start with the letter X, otherwise it would a lot easier.

Why not name it X.:wallbash:

Here are some Latin words:   xenium, xenii means gift, xenodochus, xenodochi means one who receives strangers,  There was an  Xeres who was  son of Darius, King of Persia 485-465 BC, I know that someone said something about Persian names(this is in Latin) but maybe it could work.

Edited by JamesWright

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/24/2019 at 12:55 AM, JamesWright said:

Why not name it X.:wallbash:

Here are some Latin words:   xenium, xenii means gift, xenodochus, xenodochi means one who receives strangers,  There was an  Xeres who was  son of Darius, King of Persia 485-465 BC, I know that someone said something about Persian names(this is in Latin) but maybe it could work.

Sorry to be that guy, but xenium i think has Greek roots (from the word stranger, xenos) and xenodochus, xenodochi is Greek.

• Like 1

If Han China were included in the game, then how about Xianyang, the capital city of Qin Shi Huang (the man who unified China), whose mausoleum in the necropolis includes the world-famous terracotta army?

The Han China took over a few years after his death and moved the capital to nearby Chang'an (modern Xi'an).

• Like 3