War elephant training...

Diptangshu

As we all know, elephant is a kind of large beast, which can cause severe damage. But I would want to remind a topic to the developers, whenever an elephant rushes it is able to do some extra damage because of it's momentum and again elephant would undoubtedly do an extra trample damage to it's surrounding enemy units and sometimes even it's allies/ own units. In the other hand, horses and camels fear it and so a reduction in health or attack would be preferable in case of them.... 

In case of Mauryans, an Archer elephant unit has been implemented but it has no additional damage with enemy units (I mean trample damage)....

So kindly fix these problems for a better developed gameplay....

Edited by Diptangshu

Hello @Diptangshu and welcome to the forums,

Trample damage is planned but hasn't been implemented yet. Someone made a patch some time ago but didn't get around to finishing it yet.
As all of us here for free and in our free time, we can't give a precise date as to whether or when that feature will be implemented.

• Like 1

Okay, now I understand.... It's still developing... But, do you not think that Archers are to weak in comparison to skirmishers and slingers? But history says another thing.... Especially, Mauryan Elephant Archer, Ptolemic Camel Archer, Persian Chariot Archer, Mauryan Champion Chariot Archer, Selucid Dahae Horse Archer, they seems to be too weak in comparison to regular Cavalry Skirmishers. I mean if there would be any kind of first attack bonus or guerilla attack bonus then, it would be fine for Archery based civilizations.... And thereafter they wouldn't be considered as underdog civilisations....

Edited by Diptangshu