Blender AddOns, Materials & Tutorials.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have a look at https://texturehaven.com/

It has quite a few CC0 8k PBR textures, this guy and his friend are doing this project to have a library and to help people out. He is an environmental artist. I bought his course on environmental design on Udemy and he explained how he made the textures. He used a good camera and took pictures of the surface which had the texture. Then he used a program to create a 3d textured mesh from the images. After that he opened it up in blender and somehow exported all the texture maps from Blender. This is my first post! Glad to join you.

Edit: The site has CC0 content only.

Edited by silver_est
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stan` said:

I mean use our gui engine instead of an external one

Yes. I was also weird out by the decision when I first saw it, as the pyrogenesis engine has a gui toolkit of its own, also would inter-operate "more directly" with the rest of the code maybe the theme would be less RTSy.

3 minutes ago, nani said:

Yes. I was also weird out by the decision when I first saw it, as the pyrogenesis engine has a gui toolkit of its own, also would inter-operate "more directly" with the rest of the code maybe the theme would be less RTSy.

At the time it made sense because our gui didn't support it. Now we only need

-Resizable panels 

- Color picker.

But it's gonna take time and it is sadly not a priority. Of course if someone want to pick up the task...