Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AI banter: The (enemy) AI sends scripted messages during the game: aggressive/arrogant when attacking, Valiant/confident when defending, begging/pleading when near defeat. Could be a nice space f

Why don't start  adding features to avoid that horribly title "AoE Clone" but at last that title now is for Empires Apart. Secondary attack. Dock give some territorial bonus New bu

I know was joking. I made a few posts about bridges that you can find on the forums. IMHO bridges position should be map specific so they can be properly adjusted. So basically world neutral fou

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...

Things I would like to see in the upcoming versions, some of which I know are being worked on:

GUI

-- hotkeys for farms, other buildings

-- customization of hotkeys (down-scroll for idle villagers, shift+down-scroll for all idle villagers, up-scroll for idle military, etc.)

-- the ability to ping to locations on the map

Art

-- the cavalry are much improved from A22, but I would still like to see more of a gallop/run than a trot when attacking

-- some minor building fixes and improvements, but overall I think the art-work and detail on buildings, etc. is incredible

-- dynamic weather with varying effects on gameplay, such as wind affecting accuracy of ranged soldiers as one example

Gameplay

-- hard counters; too many games are predominantly slinger or skirmisher spam. This is unrealistic, as slingers, for example, would not be able to clump or effectively fight in close range, and melee cavalry or infantry would decimate them.

-- nerfing rams and seige catapults; some civs can get 7-8 seige catapults and obliterate entire armies, which is highly unrealistic

--  I like some of the formation/balancing mods and their focus on strengthening melee as this was the predominant form of fighting during this time period

-- continue the development of formations, with better path-finding and various tactical advantages/disadvantages to each formation. Also implementation of advantages/disadvantages to the direction of attack/defense (archers firing on backs of enemies deals greater damage than to front of hoplites with shields raised).

-- charging of melee infantry, cavalry, and elephants and trample damage for the latter two. Along these lines, I think cavalry and elephants should have insta-kill or at least heavy one-time damage for the front lines of whatever enemy is being charged and/or depending on the direction of the charge (into the back of an archer line). This could be used with a cool-down before re-use. Elephants should have splash damage.

-- a minor gripe; in almost every historical RTS, ranged units fire much too quickly. I would rather see a more realistic fire rate for archers, for instance, with higher damage with each fire

-- An ally resigning should not be turned into Gaia that can attack you

-- There should be no option to send resources to enemies unless there is some diplomatic advantage, or at least it should be a separate menu from donating to allies to avoid accidentally dumping resources to an opponent

-- implementation of a more complex diplomacy system, and I love the glory from Delenda Est as a resource. If I remember correctly, Rise of Nations had ways to win that weren't through military means

-- I do like the idea of battalions, as this gives the game a grander scope and makes battles seem more epic in scale

-- ultimately the ability to ambush in trees, implement weather and terrain more effectively, etc.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, l2edVipel2 said:

 

Art

-- the cavalry are much improved from A22, but I would still like to see more of a gallop/run than a trot when attacking

-- some minor building fixes and improvements, but overall I think the art-work and detail on buildings, etc. is incredible

-

 

 

---My topic is about gameplay only--- because we have art department discussions, but we have planned many features.

Yes counters must back.(again)

Quote

.

-- a minor gripe; in almost every historical RTS, ranged units fire much too quickly. I would rather see a more realistic fire rate for archers, for instance, with higher damage with each fire

-- An ally resigning should not be turned into Gaia that can attack you

-- There should be no option to send resources to enemies unless there is some diplomatic advantage, or at least it should be a separate menu from donating to allies to avoid accidentally dumping resources to an opponent 

-- implementation of a more complex diplomacy system, and I love the glory from Delenda Est as a resource. If I remember correctly, Rise of Nations had ways to win that weren't through military means

-- I do like the idea of battalions, as this gives the game a grander scope and makes battles seem more epic in scale

-- ultimately the ability to ambush in trees, implement weather and terrain more effectively, etc.

I don't see problem with diplomacy, advance diplomacy takes than one alpha.

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameplayFeatureStatus

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, l2edVipel2 said:

-- hard counters; too many games are predominantly slinger or skirmisher spam. This is unrealistic, as slingers, for example, would not be able to clump or effectively fight in close range, and melee cavalry or infantry would decimate them.

Yes, hard counters ensure every unit is useful.

 

1 hour ago, l2edVipel2 said:

-- a minor gripe; in almost every historical RTS, ranged units fire much too quickly. I would rather see a more realistic fire rate for archers, for instance, with higher damage with each fire

Yeah, uh, some elite archers in EA have something like a 0.6 second firing rate. Whaaaaaaat? Not every archer in antiquity was Lars Whatshisname or Legolas. 

 

1 hour ago, l2edVipel2 said:

-- There should be no option to send resources to enemies unless there is some diplomatic advantage, or at least it should be a separate menu from donating to allies to avoid accidentally dumping resources to an opponent

The whole diplo screen needs redesigned. I can design something nice, but I have no skills to implement it.

 

1 hour ago, l2edVipel2 said:

 -- I do like the idea of battalions, as this gives the game a grander scope and makes battles seem more epic in scale

Absolutely. Let's do this. Do you know any programmers? lol ;)  Yeah, I was watching a Battle for Middle Earth 2 campaign walkthrough the other day and I miss those cool battalions. Was playing Rome 2:Total War last night and missed the battalions.

 

1 hour ago, l2edVipel2 said:

-- ultimately the ability to ambush in trees

I proposed to allow certain civs, such as the Celtic and Iberian civs, the ability to allow their battalions to "garrison" into forest groves for an ambush effect. 1 or 2 battalions per grove. Forest Groves, such as those in DE, solve many issues and open up the possibility for interesting gameplay additions.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yeah, uh, some elite archers in EA have something like a 0.6 second firing rate. Whaaaaaaat? Not every archer in antiquity was Lars Whatshisname or Legolas. 

 

Kushite champion archers fire at a rate of 0.5 sec! It looks a little ridiculous... Just mentioning. @stanislas69

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

 

 

I proposed to allow certain civs, such as the Celtic and Iberian civs, the ability to allow their battalions to "garrison" into forest groves for an ambush effect. 1 or 2 battalions per grove. Forest Groves, such as those in DE, solve many issues and open up the possibility for interesting gameplay additions.

 

Doesnt work without recompiling sadly. Else I could have rebase 3177 and made a mod out of it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The whole diplo screen needs redesigned. I can design something nice, but I have no skills to implement it.

Then why not do it and post the proposal at a ticket?There is always the chance that someone (Maybe @ffffffff ) will implement it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The whole diplo screen needs redesigned. I can design something nice, but I have no skills to implement it.

Please display everyone's current phase. A table overview would also be nice to keep track of diplomatic changes, e.g.:

×, 1, 2, 3, 4
1, ×, A, N, E
2, A, ×, E, N
3, N, E, ×, A
4, E, N, A, ×

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Please display everyone's current phase. A table overview would also be nice to keep track of diplomatic changes, e.g.:


×, 1, 2, 3, 4
1, ×, A, N, E
2, A, ×, E, N
3, N, E, ×, A
4, E, N, A, ×

  

That would be hard to integrate into one diplomacy screen with tribute and other info/features. What about as a tab or pop-up window accessed from the diplomacy screen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

That would be hard to integrate into one diplomacy screen with tribute and other info/features. What about as a tab or pop-up window accessed from the diplomacy screen?

A pop-up when your cursor hovers over the "change stance" area or a button below to toggle advanced diplomacy overview would be fine by me; I have no idea how to implement it though :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Nescio said:

Please display everyone's current phase. A table overview would also be nice to keep track of diplomatic changes, e.g.:

I wanted some overview also about the unit composition of oneself, possibly of allies too. Like 10 trade carts, 20 infantry, 30 houses, 2 civic centers (with buttons showing these entities upon click or something), perhaps that would be logically related and could be shonw in the same screen. Also needs scrolling I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, elexis said:

I wanted some overview also about the unit composition of oneself, possibly of allies too. Like 10 trade carts, 20 infantry, 30 houses, 2 civic centers (with buttons showing these entities upon click or something), perhaps that would be logically related and could be shonw in the same screen. Also needs scrolling I guess.

All of this stuff, including other traditional diplomacy screen stuff, can't fit on one screen, so there will need to be some kind of tabbing or extra windows. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ffffffff said:

yes with cycle through that entities and/or selection or selection and cycle in camera view upon click

There is a patch on Trac for that. If someone feels like rebasing it... For a cof fee 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RukoFiber said:

No. It`s Age of Empires III:rolleyes:

No no, I mean in our development pages(trac and phabricador) there are patches with proposed functionality.

stan you remember that patch?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...